Chapter 3

CHAPTER THREE:

As Kuroko began to gather the empty plates to wash the dishes, the doorbell suddenly rang. She turned, but was stopped by Akashi, who offered to open it instead.

The red-head proceeded to the front door, took out the keys and put on his slippers as his groupmates decided to take some rest and ended up sitting on different couches in the living room. Must be the newspaper. It's time for that anyway. He opened the front door and was about to greet their usual postman when sharp eyes and dark-head faced him.

He blinked as Nijimura Shizuo raised a hand as a greeting as he grinned a little. "Hey. Can I eat there today? This is so near from where my previous target lived at, so I proceeded here."

Akashi closed the door and after three seconds, opened it again.

Nijimura frowned. "What?" He demanded.

Slowly, realization hit Akashi's head, and he forcefully closed the front door before locking it with the keys.

"Akashi? Hey, Akashi? Open the door!" Nijimura shouted from right outside the door. He could knock it down just by the way he knocked on it. It was as if it was Murasakibara, himself, who was outside and banging.

Kise peeked from the living room. "Akashicchi? What's up? Why bang the door close?"

He mouthed, "Nijimura."

The yellow-head frowned. "What?"

He gritted his teeth and tried again. "Ni-ji-mu-ra." He even emphasized each syllable but the copycat still didn't get it, which was why he ran towards the living room, took out whatever paper he could get hold of and a pen before writing rapidly on it. He raised it up.

That was why every member of the Generation of Miracles started to panic.

"What are we supposed to do?" Midorima whispered.

"Is he still outside?" Aomine half-whispered and half-shouted.

Murasakibara slowly, while a pocky was between his lips, approached the windows and peeked. "WAAAH!" He gasped and ran behind Midorima. "Niji-chin's outside…! He was glaring at me!"

"Good thing the curtain somehow hid us." Akashi murmured. "Where's Kuroko?"

"Still in the kitchen, ssu." Kise replied.

"The curtains there are open widely!" Midorima gasped.

"SHIT!" Aomine growled and ran towards the kitchen. There she was, just finished washing the dishes and was now just drying her hands. "Kuroko!"

The teal-head blinked and turned. "Yes?"

"Come here! Quickly! And duck!" The dark blue-head grunted.

The girl did so and approached the five. "What's the matter?"

"Remember Nijimura?" Akashi queried.

Tetsumi blinked. "Of course I do. We were just talking about him awhile ago."

If it was not a life-and-death situation, the others would have probably already laughed for the embarrassed expression Akashi showed. The latter composed himself. "Anyway, he's outside—"

"—OI! YOU FIVE! YOU'RE DEFINITELY IN THERE! LET ME IN! HOW DARE YOU SHUT ME OUT!" Nijimura growled outside.

"—And we certainly need to hide your presence or else we'll be dead meat. And I assure you, you won't like to see that." Akashi resumed.

"Hide? Where?" Tetsumi murmured.

"Yeah? Where?" Murasakibara agreed.

"I WILL SHOOT THIS DOOR DOWN IF YOU DON'T OPEN IT AFTER TEN SECONDS! I TELL YOU, I WON'T BE AFRAID TO FACE THE POLICE IF EVER THEY COME HERE! I'M FINE WITH IT, BUT ARE YOU?! YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS, YOU FIVE!" Nijimura threatened.