00

ALYSSA gazed through the window for what felt like a lifetime, spiraling through her thoughts as the rain tapped harshly on the window.

The rain conjured a sweet pattern, oblivious to the life it gives, quenching soil and the life who depends upon it. Rain comes, humble to its role.

People pass as if they were in accelerated motion-all except two people who have let their umbrellas fall to the wet pavement and be blown away by the wind. They are bound in a kiss so tender, their faces dripping with the wet gifts of the clouds-her hands placed upon his chest and his in her hair.

Alyssa watched as he glanced towards the sky that promises more rain to come, helping her notice that nature can bring the rain, but our inner sunshine comes through just the same.

Alyssa grabbed her pencil and notebook and poured her inner feelings through poetry, her escape.

Tell them I was the
warmest place you knew,
and you turned me cold.

- Alyssa L. Heart

Alyssa uses poetry as an expression of reality. It gives her the opportunity to write her views about the unrest and heartache the world has been experiencing. It provided her an opportunity to express her feelings about her current reality that resonates with readers-except she doesn't let anyone read them.

She writes poetry because it connects her to the world in a way nothing else ever really has.

In high school, Alyssa was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder after having the constant feeling of emptiness, and frequent and intense displays of anger.