one

*2003*

"Good morning everyone, welcome to your first day of kindergarten! Now please choose a partner for the next few activities." Said the woman sitting at the front of the room.

I looked around the room for minutes, but I knew no one. Most kids had already found a partner.
I was about to tear up, but then there was a tap on my shoulder.
"Want to be partners?" A blonde boy with big blue eyes asked. I wiped my eyes and nodded.
"I'm Jack by the way" he mumbled out.

*present day*

The sound of my phone ringing interrupted my slumber. I squinted my eyes, adjusting to the brightness. I read the caller id and answered.

"Amber i was having the best sleep-"

"It's 8:30! We start school in half an hour. Get your ass up!" She half yelled in the phone.

I groaned into the phone and hung up. I gathered my clothes, while stretching and yawning, and headed to my bathroom for a shower.

After my short shower I quickly got changed and brushed my teeth. I headed back to my room to put my shoes on.
I walked in drying my hair with a towel still half asleep.

"Hey" I heard a familiar voice.
I jumped a little.

There was jack sitting on my bed, packing my school bag.

"Jack you scared me! How'd you even get in here, no ones home?" I asked my best friend, waiting for my heart to slow down.

"You gave me a key like 3 years ago? He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Right" I said uninterested.

"someone's cranky this morning" he teased.

"Jack I literally woke up like 20 minutes ago" I said falling onto my bed next to him.

"Shouldn't have stayed up all night" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"You're the one who kept me up! I'm never skyping you again." I said digging my head into my pillow.

He laughed.
"Cmon were going to be late for our first day of year 11." He said pulling me up.

"Not going" I whined.

He sighed and grabbed my bag, putting it over one of his shoulders. Then he picked my up and threw me over the other.

"you're going!"

JACKS P.O.V
It's nearly 9:00 and its the first day of year 11.
although I've seen Helena everyday of my life since I was 5, somehow I'm extremely nervous seeing her this morning.
But I'm also 95% sure she might not even go today. So I'm going to her house to get her.

as I walked into her house i see her with her hair wet and hardly awake
"Hey" i say.
She jumped. it's so cute when she jumps. she's so cute.

"Jack you scared me! How'd you even get in here, no ones home?" she asked.

"You gave me a key like 3 years ago?" I said looking at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Right" she looked down

"someone's cranky this morning" I teased

"Jack I literally woke up like 20 minutes ago"
she fell onto her bed next to me. I don't think she gets it

"Shouldn't have stayed up all night" I whined at her sarcastically

"You're the one who kept me up! I'm never skyping you again." she mumbled into her pillow
I just sat there looking at her, never in my life have I ever been inlove. Why now?
I feel like telling her,
I laughed instead.

"Cmon were going to be late for our first day of year 11." I yelled pulling my best friend up.

"Not going" She whined.
well I'm not going without her, I need her.

I sighed and grabbed her bag, putting it over one of my shoulders. Then i picked her up and threw her over the other.

"you're going!" I shook my head
"SHAWN!" I yelled out to her brother, they're twins. He's my best-friend too.
"yeah mate?" she peeped out of his room door.
"come on, we're leaving." I said
do these Mendes kids have no sense of time?

I popped her in my car and Shawn sat in the back.
She didn't say anything the whole trip. But somehow all I heard was her heartbeat.
I never want to hear anything else.

Helena, Shawn and I all pull up to school, we see Amber and Cameron waiting for us.
Amber is Helena's other Best friend... Cameron is her boyfriend.

I open the door for Helena, her completing ignoring she runs up to Amber to hug her.
I lock my car and walk with Shawn to first period.
Its Science.