❝cowards way out❞

august, 10

amiah pov

As my mom opens the door to my house I think about the awful situation that just happened and a wave of embarrassment falls upon me. " Hey honey what took you so long" My mom says as I hand her the Motrin, take my m&ms and run to my room.

                                            ❥
"OMG" I whisper yell out of frustration 'I am so stupid, how fricking cowardly can someone be I RAN. OH.MY.GOD WHAT IF HE GOES TO THE NEW SCHOOL THAT MY MOM ENROLLED ME IN' as these thoughts circle around that stupid little brain of mine, I scream in my pillow, making my mom come into my room look at me like I was crazy and leaves when I give her a thumbs up and a light smile. 'OMG FUCKING GOD I WILL NEVER. EVER. BE ABLE TO LIVE THIS SHIT DOWN.' I tell at myself internally while I try and sleep to help me run away from my problems.

august, 16 ; 7:15am
I am still incredibly annoyed at myself but i still have to go to school, i guess being an absolute fool isn't enough to cut it for my mom. I get ready, eat breakfast, grab my stuff and go to my new school! As I am internally crying my mom and I are sending my little sister off to her first day of elementary. "It was like it was just yesterday she was screaming and pulling my hair" I hear my mother say sadly, "It was... but I know right like I remember her when she couldn't talk now, it's all she does." I terribly joke trying to lighten the mood. I hear her giggle at my awful joke, 'hm I guess that worked'. Walking back to the car we sit in silence, with the occasional buzz from the radio.  We finally get to school I say bye to my mom, and swallow my anxiety as I get out of the car.
                                            ❥
1:30, august 16
Earlier in the day i met with a girl her name was Ellie we had a bunch of classes together so she started talking to me and introduced me to her best friend Jess, but i didn't have any classes with him except now lunch, along with Ellie of course.
since it's my first day at the school the teachers took it easy on me, I am eternally grateful for considering my encounter is making me feel more and more uncomfortable. 'maybe he doesn't go to my school' I think sighing in relief while going to lunch.

As i walk into lunch, Ellie and I make eye contact, she waves to me signaling to come over. As I walk over I see her, Jess and 2 other figures sitting. We talk for a little while one of the kids are named Demtri , he's incredibly snarky (it's incredibly annoying), but he seems cool. And then there's Eli, he's super shy but he seems sweet. "I'm just saying Jess, you managed to be friends with not just one BUT NOW 2 pretty girls." He cuts himself off as a familiar figure comes to our table, "Is it cool if I sit here" he says as I completely freeze.