Yuno comes

No no no

Recognising the body below from high above in white swirling winds that elevated him majestically like an eagle soaring, soon made a horrible croak in his throat that ruined the elegance of his flight.

Understanding who it was that had gone made the whole thought process worse once he didn't return for many days.

No no no

Flying lower, distinguishing through the bright sun meadow where a ditch lay was an object. A body.

No no no

Yuno only wanted to go. To find him. To rescue him. To be the hero. To see him again after so long. He volunteered immediately for the solo search upon hearing the very late arrival of his friend. An excuse to get to Asta alone. To be first.

No no no

Grey, pale skin matched sickeningly accurate to the hair stuck together on the forehead. He got closer.

His eyes widened.

"NO NO NO! ASTA!"

He cried out loud before he could stop himself. Nearly throwing up from the ghastly sight.

No no no

This wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't expecting this. He couldn't . . . no . . . it wasn't right . . . it's all mistaken . . . this has to be someone else . . . it's not Asta . . . Asta is full of life . . . this isn't life . . . this is not Asta . . .

This is not Asta!

Yuno stayed there, staring at the body, covered in paper, a grimoire placed next to his, drenched and bloodied.

Five leaf . . .

No no no

He felt the biting stings of tears he promised he wouldn't feel. His breath choked as he struggled to stay strong . . . but . . . no . . . how can he? . . . How can he be strong?

Falling limp, he knelt to the ground sobbing loudly at the dead boy's name to wake up. They were only eighteen. So young . . .

Where the hell was his devil friend . . .

Yuno had a hunch this was the work of his group. His beings. Not Liebe but the ones like him. The twisted.

He knelt there, staring at Asta's lifeless body through his blurry vision as tears covered his eyes, forgetting how to blink.

Summoning up the energy that drained suddenly, he lifted the body in a bridal style out of the ditch watching Asta's head roll back, exposing his bare gushed neck that was once remembered as clean and white. He carried on his feet to the nearest tree where he placed Asta carefully on the ground. Yuno dropped once again, already feeling the next waterfall run out from his eyes.

He had wanted to admit. To confess once Asta came back . . . no . . . It's too late.

I loved you Asta

The past tense sounded sour in his mouth. Horribly bitter. He choked at it . . . he 'loved' Asta . . .

No no no

Through tears, he ran his long, slender fingers through Asta's blood dry hair. He noticed the odd masses to be his organs that have been thrown out when he walked across the meadow to the tree. His stomach lurched at the violent and horrible death. He'll have to report this, but for now he just sat there, stroking Asta's hair. Mind bubbling in despair and hatred.

He'll avenge him. He'll get those devils. Fight them, kill them. Their war from Spade hadn't finished.

He'll avenge.

Notes:

This was how Liebe looked when he was possessed by Lucifero

He got killed the same way his mother did.

Think about it

Like mother like son.

Oop-

Anyway... the story ends.

Ah yes, this was dark. Hmm, that's why I posted it on AO3. I don't know if Wattpad will allow it-

I rated this mature so . . . hope you know what you're about to dive into and not get scarred.