Chapter 2

The two of you embraced in silence. There were no words to describe what you felt and that was all it took for you to fall in love with him all over again. He truly was an amazing man.

Arima's grip loosened against your shoulders as both of you were required to be at a scheduled meeting not long after. Living life as a human was somewhat difficult, but once you discovered the use of an RC suppressant pill, you created a new identity for yourself as a CCG special investigator. Currently, no one (excluding Arima) had known you were a ghoul for the time you spent at the CCG.

You headed back to the CCG headquarters, along with Arima, rather awkwardly, you could say. You didn't know what you could start a conversation with, nor what you should've done to prevent this awkwardness from swallowing you up whole.

The moment the automatic doors slid open for your sake, Akira glomped you with a hug that reeked of alcohol.

"HEYYYY (Y/N) WHERE YA BEEEEEEN?"
"Akira, are you drunk again?"
"No. I am the Batmannn."
"Oh lord please help me."

Arima watched as you dragged out her drunken form from the corner of his eye, reflecting against his silver-lined spectacles. Watching you in your everyday activity was rather amusing (not in a creepy way, of course).

"ALRIGHT, AKIRA HOW SHOTS HAVE YOU TAKEN BEFORE COMING TO WORK AND WHO GAVE YOU THE ALCOHOL?"
"I forgooooot~"

Akira really couldn't hold her liquor, could she?

She obviously needed a rest today.

You let Haise take her back home, before giving instructions to the service desk to call in sick for your best friend. After doing so, you hurried to the meeting you were supposed to be at 20 minutes ago .

"A range of various Ghoul attacks have occured in these particular areas. The first is- (Y/N), late again I see...?"
"My deepest apologies for the interruption, sir. I will make sure I do not create the same mistake next time."

The meeting instructor nodded his head briefly before continuing on the topic. You were unable to hear his words well, mainly because of the shock you felt when Arima was about to stab you.

Speaking of Arima...

You turned your head to the side only to see that Arima was absent. Mild disappointment overcame your thoughts and you spaced out.

*****chapter 3 will be released soon <3 Hope you enjoyed the story so far :D*****