Chapter 1: chance encounters the art store

The melody of a sketch book heart

By: Shiro Usagi and Zakery Oliver Evans

"everything in this world is so horrible... bad things always happen. people leave and die. we live each day just like the last. when ever good things happen bad ones follow. why can't just one good thing happen in life that dosen't have something bad come after. why dosen't this world give us chances to make things better..." —author Shiro— June 28 1999 - still alive

The melody of a sketch book heart

Chapter 1: chance encounters the art store

A young man ,who looked maybe 17, with medium length messy brown hair was walking around outside in the small city/town . It was winter and snowing lightly. He had his hands in his pockets playing with a box cutter. The male wore a black hoodies with skinnines and combat boots. "Oi..." he said quietly under his breath to himself.

He walked the city before coming to a stop in front of an art store. Throught the colorful window you could see the empty store. Only maybe 2 or 3 people were inside. 'I need more supplies.' he tought as he opened the wooden door to the small store as a bell signaled the workers that the door was opened. The male looked around the store looking at all the supplies the store had. "you should kill..." he mumbled to himself before shaking his head "I can't..."

By the colorful glass window in the front of the store was a small wooden table that was covered in papers, books, pens, and colored pencils scarttered over the table. A young male around the same age sat there. His long bangs hiding most of his pale blue ,with small bit of dark blue, eyes that followed his pencil as he drew in his sketch book. His black jacket almost hid his hands. He had a school uniform on under with black pants and a blue and green tie. The door opened again as the brown haired male walked past the black haired one was he twitched slightly but never looked up from his drawing.

The brown haired male glanced at the other smirking. "How about him? He isn't paying attention." he whispered under his breath and shook his head. "Just stop it!" he shouted slightly and kept walking further into the store.

The black haired male flinched slightly and accidently knocked some books and papers down, along with a glass of water. He quickly got up trying to pick everything up before they got to wet. The other male heard the crash of the books and turned glancing at the other and walked over. "Im so sorry. I didn't mean to shout." he frowned and kneels down to help the black haired male.

"It's ok... it was my fault." the black haired male smiled kindly.

The brown haired male picked up some of the books, that were unharmed, handing him them to the other male. "Are you sure? I thought it was my fault." he frowned slightly and looked at the male.

"Yes. I wasn't paying attention again..." the black hair said shyly picking up the wet papers.

"well then you should pay attention a bit more so you don't hurt yourself or get in trouble." the brown haired man smiled picking up the cup and sat it back in the table.