Praydeth, The Warmonger

Olivia looked at her children. Now they seemed to have calmed down and their tears were gone. Each one was now out of energy and laying against her tails silently. Some of them drifted off to sleep already, but the older ones seemed to stare at her, waiting for another tail of hers.
  "One more, then it's time to put you all to bed.."
   The older Kitsune children would turn to younger friends and gently ruffle them. Their little arms shook the others into being awake again. Those who were woken up pouted yet purred as they were reminded of the comfort from Olivia's fluff. They were barley fighting sleep. One more story.
  "There was once a very small town on the edge of the planet. We called it, 'Old Harmony'. You see, this town was very corrupt, living off of fighting and violence. Their leader, Octane, was addicted to bloodshed and seemed to defend it at every corner. Not all was lost though, because the Royal scientist proposed an idea.
  'We are losing population because of the bloodshed, open your eyes.' He argued against Octane directly, 'when will you learn that? Nobody wants to move here because we are violent!'
  Octane did not answer, only throwing the scientist back into the lab where the guards locked him in.
  'How about instead of criticizing my way of life, you do your job like you were supposed to. Rat.'
  From that day on, the scientist would be stuck in his own abode, left to experiment and study what little he has for eternity.
  Meanwhile, the guards at the edge of the city were dealing with a great problem. Someone somehow more violent than them had showed up and threatened to take over the city. They never saw anyone fight quite like this before. As the guards depended on spears, shields, gauntlets, and swords, Praydeth relied on nothing but a strange magical power he called Violet's Kiss. This appeared to be a bright purple surge of purple power like gas and water sprung his black spiky armor that choked the guards and melted their weapons. He fought an army by the end of the day, and not one man or woman was able to lay a finger on him at all.
  Praydeth arrived at the throne of Octane. They locked eyes with murderous intent. It only confused Octane when Praydeth walked past him and went further in the building without saying a single word. Feeling the flaring disrespect, Octane jumped out of his throne and yelled.
  'WHAT?? Why are you even here?! Are you mocking me?!'
  Praydeth turned around to the leader in the hallway, one angry purple eye glaring out of the dark helmet.
  'Violence in your city has taken away families and friends of your guards. They only became guards because they had nothing to lose in life...I do not Value that..but you..I see heart in your eyes..you have someone to go home to..so go..before I make you.'
  Mercy in battle is something unheard of in this city, unheard of anywhere for that matter. Just because someone has family stopped Praydeth from ripping the leader, Octane, to shreds. How he knew he had family, however, is a mystery to our people. Perhaps Praydeth wasn't a warmonger at all, not a warrior, but some type of entity."
  One of the children whispered to Olivia, they were barley awake.
  "Wha-...about...the scientist....Olivia?.."
  "That's the odd part," Olivia smiled, "it's a complete mystery. Praydeth searched the castle and found the Royal labs. Inside he saw an empty room, completely gutted of all of its items and resources. On the table was a note. In perfect cursive it read, 'Penumbra, I know you're coming. Time is your play thing, and I will be no part in it'
  Praydeth seemed to know what it meant, crushing the paper in her hand before burning it with purple flames. They turned around fast. Their left shoulder bashed into the wall on the way out, causing the entire building to shake with anger. It is a story Praydeth admitted to causing about two years later before vanishing once again like the scientist. We think that somehow the scientist messed with time in solitude and caused Praydeth to come check it out, but how did Praydeth already know what the city was like? How did the scientist mess with time so easily?"
  "Maybe..." the youngest Kitsune whispered with a high pitched tone, "maybe..he was..a time traveler..."
  "Maybe little one..we have yet to find an answer....now..it's time for you all to sleep for the night."
  Just like before, Olivia grabbed the youngest Kitsune in her arms as her tails picked up the rest. The lights in the room turned off completely as she slowly walked to a large bed. One by one she took her time, tucking each child in the bed next to each other. By the time she put each into the bed, they were fast asleep and dreaming of the stories they were told. Olivia smiled at them, her tails swaying behind her before she turned around. She walked to the middle of the room and sat with her legs crossed once again. Her hands grabbed each other, locking fingers together as her large sleeves conjoined. This is where she slept, guarding the children with her ears sticking up like turrets.
  There are an endless amount of stories Olivia knows that she would love to tell, but sleep is a monster that comes for us all one way or another. It is also a monster we must feed every now and then so that it does not eat out of turn or too much. Think of it as a pet that is in some heavy need of training, but once you master it to your liking, it can help you do many things.
  We hope this helps you. Thank you and goodnight.