14:Vigilante in town pt. 11

A/n: hello people, the Vigilante in Town series is back woohoo! Also, tysmm for 3k reads!

Your POV:

My heart pounding as Kate walks closer,

"You can test it out if you want"

And, yep. My soul just left my body. God, this woman will be the death of me.

Kate laughed at my actions, "bhahaha! I'm kidding!" she said and continued laughing.

I wish you weren't...Woah! Calm the fuck down Y/n!

I sat on the couch, still completely flustered, meanwhile Kate continued practicing with the coin. I looked over to Clint who is smirking at me and I furrowed my eyebrows, "what?" I asked him, but he just shook his head and turned at the tv and continued watching the movie.

We decided to take a break and just stay at home for tomorrow, mainly because of the fact that Kate is still injured, but we're also tired and Clint has a headache from getting his head bumped too many times while he was fighting the blonde haired lady, Yelena, he told me. When we'd finished the movie--it's 6 o'clock already--we all head to bed. My mind racing as my stomach goes crazy when I remembered we only have 2 bedrooms, meaning me and Kate will have to sleep in the same room. In the same bed.

I shook my thoughts off and head to bed.

I walked into the bedroom, shit, there's no blankets. It's freezing already. I decided to just fold my arms together to make it a little warmer as I lay on the bed in the red Christmas-themed sweater Kate got me. I turned to the side as my eyes starts to get heavy.

Kate's POV:

I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, thank god I always bring my toothbrush everywhere. I kept brushing and stopped when I realized that Y/n and I will be sleeping in the same room. In the same bed. I stared into space and coughed when I choked on my toothbrush.  I raised my eyebrows and shook my thoughts off,

It's okay Kate, don't make it weird.

Turning off the bathroom lamp, I sighed as my heartbeat starts to go faster. I gulped as the unholy thoughts came in again, but I shrugged it off and finally deciding to open the door. My eyes widen in awe, seeing Y/n laying in bed in the sweater I bought her earlier, but soon realizing how freezing it is in here, no blankets. I lay on the bed, fidgeting with my fingers, still staring at Y/n,

God, how could someone be that perfect.

I noticed the goose bumps on Y/n's neck and arms, she must be freezing. Should I hug her? Will that make her feel warmer? But what if she doesn't even like it? Fuck what should I do. I wanna spoon her so bad. Rethinking my decisions, I gulped and mumbled 

"Fuck it."

 I turned to the side, facing Y/n's back, and spread my arms out. Don't be a coward Kate, do it. And so I wrapped my arms around her stomach and pulled her closer, I could feel her back pressed against my body. Her head just below my nose, I could easily smell her hair, fuck, she smells good. I usually move and spread my arms and legs while sleeping, it's comfortable, but this--this is way better than that. I am not going to move a single muscle. I took a peek, scanning her face, and I slowly smiles, she's like the Sleeping Beauty, I could just lay on this bed like this forever with her. 

Your POV: 

I could feel a pair of arms wrapped around me, spooning me. My ninja instinct suddenly fills my body and the urge to elbow-punch whoever this is behind me, is definitely not small. But I calmed down when I smell the green apple perfume, it's Kate. Is she actually hugging me? Am I dreaming? Is this real? Am I in heaven? No. This is real. You see, I'm not the most hug-able person in the world, but why do I feel comfortable? An idea suddenly came up in my head, I decided to turn my body around, facing the slightly taller girl, still closing my eyes, pretending to be asleep,  and wrap my arms around her, leaving only a few inches between us. I don't want to hurt her, she hasn't fully recovered yet. I could hear a gasp escape Kate's mouth, causing my to smile a little. This is the most comfortable position, I wish I could lay on this bed with her forever. 

I soon feel her hugging me even closer, slowly and gently placing my head on her chest, I couldn't see her beautiful face, but I could feel her smiling. After all that we went through, even though we just met 5 days ago, the sound of her laughter, the smile in her eyes, her bubbly personality, her passive-aggressive humour, how she sacrificed her own life for me, I love her already. I'd decided to play a little. I lift my right hand from her stomach and starts drawing patterns on it, 

"Y/n! You're still awake, shit! Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I'll sleep on the couch," She jumped, thinking I wasn't comfortable with her hugging me, "don't leave, I want you to stay" I say in a raspy tone,

"You- You want me to stay? Are you sure?" 

I looked up at her, "yeah, stay with me, this is comfortable and warm" I say as I shifted closer. Kate smiles and continued hugging me. I could hear the sound of her heartbeat as I lay my head on her chest, its like a music to me. I moved my hand and starts to draw a heart shape on her bandaged stomach, I looked up, "does that help?" I asked and she smiles, "the best medicine out there" 

I smiled at her words, remembering how my dad used to say that.

"Does it still hurt, dad?" I looked up at him, but he just smiles and pats my head, "I'm all good," he says while covering his bloody stomach. I quickly ran to the daisies and picked 3 of them, "will this help?" I handed them to him and kissed his forehead, and he took it with his shaky hand, 

"Best medicine out there"

He says with a smile as tears starts to drop on his face and he fell onto the ground. "No! Dad! Dad! Stay with me! Dad!" I screamed as tears starts to form. "We gotta go Y/n! Y/n!"

"Y/n!" I snapped out of my mind as Kate's voice starts ringing in my head, she looks at me in worry and asks me, "are you okay? What's wrong, what happened?" she cups my face, "its nothing, its just that- my dad used to say that, a lot" I looked down and slows my pace of drawing patterns on her stomach. 

"I'm sorry, you must've missed him a lot" She comforts me, "I do, he was like my best friend," I say as a lump starts to build up my throat and I offered her a weak smile, "uhm, how about you? Are you close to your dad?" I asked her, trying to change the topic. 

"I was" 

I looked up at her, "I'm sorry, what happened?"

She looked at me and bit her teeth, "the Alien Attack, he tried to save me, and,"

I could see her eyes starts to get teary, knowing she doesn't wanna talk about it and I cup her face with my right hand and caress it. I shifted a little up and leaned her head on my shoulder, "I'm sorry, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to" I comforted. I feel bad for her, she must've loved him a ton. Like how I loved my dad. Kate hugs me and shifted closer, I could feel her breath on my neck. "I almost died, but Clint saved me by using only a bow and arrow, that's how I got into archery. And honestly, I think that Tony Stark guy should've made Clint a cool suit, cause I always see him in a sleeveless basic lame suit." She explains, I chuckled, "yeah he definitely should've"