Coming back Stronger

Jessica POV

"Stop please stop." That's what I heard my cousin screaming.  I tried to stay as quiet as I can as I listened to her screams behind the bathroom door. I knew he was coming . It was my turn next as he treat us like his personal whore while he was drunk. I was 7.  The noise stopped she was quite. I heard him call me then its blank. I remember going to the bathroom seeing blood in my panties. The voices I remember voices. Shouting saying he's just a boy thats what boys do. Remember you and your children are staying under my roof . Its not that bad she's small she will forget. I will pay you. I remember blacking out everytime he will make his little visit. I'll shut out the world. I prayed, I prayed for it to stop. I prayed for death.

I woke up in a pool of sweat.  It had felt so surreal as if I was living that memory over again. Unfazed, I got out of bed and try to  pushed back the memory of my recent nightmare.

Am just a your normal 10 year old girl. I believed in the tooth fairy and everything. Obviously not santa cause I never got any gifts christmas.  Who knows maybe he missed my house like for 10 years straight. It happens. 

It was Monday and time . I wome up already dready the day. I hate SCHOOL. My step dad was up before me preparing breakfast. We laughed as he made stupid jokes .He would always make sure I was ready and comb my hair. I missed my mom during these times as he does not know how to do the styles I like. But he always does his best and am grateful.

I was always mocked at school. People tried to pick fight with me mainly because of my small statue. It was pretty helpful having a brother that can fight. That's until he joins the bullies.

At this point in my life my mom was always away. Despite her shortcomings she was a great person. She worked really hard to send me and my brother to school. She's a domestic worker and comes home every 2 months. I was the happiest but a little sad during those 2 months. My sadness was because I always dreamt  for things to be different. But she was abusive both emotionally and physically. However my step dad was always there to end things before it got bad. 

It was a long day at school and I came home exhausted as I have  walked all the way home from school. I hurried to the field to cut a cane which I know I was gonna be scolded for later. I did it as I wasnt sure about dinner. I was right though. My mom left me and my older brother with my step dad aunt. She treated us like orphans. My brother and I missed school for days sometimes weeks while her kids went to school with the money my mom provided. We ate dinner occasionally . My older brother learned to fish so he could provide something for us to eat.

Days went by then months then years. Thats when my mom decided to move us. My brother and I went to live with my grandma. There we both got our share of abuse. His was getting beaten  while mine was sexual. Eventually he ran away.