XIX

"Why did Sprite go with Ikaris?" Makkari asked almost angrily

"Because she loves him" Kingo answered, silencing the eternals. "Oh, you guys didn't pick up on that?" He said sarcastically. "He really fooled us, didn't he? Kuran, let's go"

"Kingo you can't go" Sol insisted, stepping from her position on the wall.

"I can't help you guys" he admitted "I still think Ikaris is right" He shrugged, making Sol throw her hands in the air for a second, spinning back to stand next to Jericho.

"So that's it huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos asked, moving towards Kingo.

Kingo shook his head "I love the people of this planet" he reminded. Sol knew how he felt. Conflicted. "But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem" he protested, moving his hands with the words. "But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs"

Makkari steeped forward, putting a firm hand on his shoulder "We need you"

"Even with my help, we're not match. It's Ikaris" he insisted softy to the speedster, who gave him one last pleading look as he walked past her. "But... I hope to see you ok the next planet"

"Kingo" Sol asserted, stopping him in the doorway. She put her arms around her friend, speaking into his ear "If we do end up saving the world. There will always be a place for you with us. No matter what" she tight lip smiled as Kingo patted her shoulder.

As Kingo was halfway down the hall, Kuran turned to the group "Thank you for all you've done..." he spoke in Hindi "for humanity" he bowed "It's been a great honour" he squeaked, tearing up. "I will miss you all" Sol gave him a smile. He was a sweet little man. Druig nodded with a small smile, leaving Kuran to follow Kingo out.

"Look..." Druig began, making the eternals look to him "if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan" he stated, making Sol sigh as she knew he was right.

"He has a point" Sol nodded, not meeting Druig's eyes.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a celestial, so..."

"Well, Sersi did turn a deviant into a tree" Druig bragged, looking over his shoulder to the black haired woman.

"I'm sorry, what?" Phastos shook his head, as if shaking something away. "You didn't wanna tell me that?" He raised his hands in question.

"You've never been able to do it before" Makkari signed, confused.

"I don't know how it happened, ok? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again"