𝙹𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝙰𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝙳𝙰𝚈

~Friday evening~

Oh, what another day it seems to be for me.

I woke up, cleaned the apartment, washed the dishes, did Cade and I's laundry, then began making dinner.

I sat around watching tv until the chicken was ready to be taken out of the oven. Once it was, I propped it out, then put some asparagus on a pan to sauté.

As I was finishing up, Cade walked through the door.

"Hey, baby, whatcha makin' for dinner?"

I responded with a bright smile on my face, "Hey babe! I made baked chicken breast with asparagus."

Cade aggressively rolled his eyes while scoffing.

"Chicken, again? Didn't we have that last night?"

"Oh.. I'm sorry.. I didn't get to make it to the store today. I was busy cleaning the apartment."

"The least you could do is go to the damn grocery store while I'm at work busting my ass. All you do is sit around every day, and you call this cleaning?"

I stood in silence while my smile quickly faded into a blank expression..

"Whatever, I'm gonna take a shower. Tonight we're going to the bar."

"Okay.."

Every single time we go out, I'm always too busy worrying about how plastered he's going to get, rather than actually enjoying myself. I'm not even much of the "going out" type anyways, I'd rather just stay home and watch movies.

I don't know.. maybe it's my incapability of making friends easily. I was bullied relentlessly all throughout school for being the "orphan" in my class, so I've kinda just learned how to be okay with being by myself.

You know, Cade made me feel so stupid for making chicken again tonight.. God, what the fuck is wrong with me? Can I do anything righ-

During mid thought, he came back out from the bathroom. I quickly forced a fake smile, then we began eating.

"You know, Jennifer, you can be a real good cook, even when you make the same thing over and over again."

"Oh.. thank you, babe. I promise I'll go to the store tomorrow."

"See, was that so hard? Now come here and give me a kiss."

Without any hesitation, I reached over and obliged. For some reason, hearing him say the slightest bit of a compliment made me feel extremely happy. It almost felt like a reward, like I had actually achieved something.

Once we finished eating, I started getting ready for the night. I changed into a short red dress with a cropped leather jacket to put on top, and black platformed heels.

I continued to tease my hair, curl a few pieces in the front, and lock it all in with hairspray. Lastly, for makeup I applied bright red lipstick, black eyeliner, and mascara.

The second Cade entered our room, he snarled at me while expressing a disgusted look on his face.

"What are you wearing all that makeup for? Are you trying to make it seem like I'm dating a whore?
Who are you trying to impress, huh?"

"What? No... of course not, babe. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I swear!"

"Come here."

He grabbed one of his shirts laying on the floor, and wiped the lipstick right off my face, then grabbed me by the arm; forcefully leading me to his car.