1

I woke up to the sudden shriek of my alarm clock. I groaned as I attempted to fight my way out of the sea of white pillows and blankets. With a couple of kicks, the blanket eventually fell onto the floor to my right. I stretched and let out a tremendous sigh. I looked over to see my alarm clock, it's already eight thirty! Fuck! I'm late!

"Shit!" I hissed under my breath. I ran to my closet and threw the first shirt I saw onto the bed. It was a red and black plaid button up, I guess this could work. I ran to my drawer and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and headed to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror to see a jungle of brown curls mopped onto my head. I'm definitely going to need a shower. I scrambled to my shower, only to stub my toe on the side of an awkwardly placed cabinet.

"Ow! Shit!" I grunted. I took the quickest shower possible. I can't believe I'm late again, there must be something wrong with that shitty alarm clock I have. I quickly run a comb through my thick wet curls. Shit, I don't have any time to dry it, I'll just slip on a beanie. I throw on my clothes and slip on my black Converse. I grab my my keys and shuffled out the door.

I pulled into the parking lot , it's really crowded today. When I finally found a parking space, I jumped out of the car and headed towards the building's entrance. I looked down at the sign sitting on the floor.

"AA meeting, 3rd floor, 8:00."

It was already eight forty-five, they're gonna be so pissed at me.

I entered the building and headed towards the elevators to my left.

"Out of order."

Fuck. Today just isn't my day.

I headed to the front desk to see a rather lethargic middle aged man in a suit kicked back, asleep in his chair.

"...Excuse me?" I said more timidly than I would have liked.
The now snoring man still stay in his chair asleep. I'm starting to get annoyed. Ugh, can this shithead wake up already?
"Excuse me" I said sternly, this time ringing the bell that sits on the counter in front of me.
I jumped as the man jolted awake, almost falling out of his chair. I tried to hold in my laughs and accidentally snorted. He stared up at me with an annoyed look as my face burned with embarrassment
"Can I help you with something, sir?" He yawned.
"Uhh yes, I just need to know where the stairs are, please." Ugh, I sound like a lost child.
"Down the hall, second door on your right." He smiled. His friendliness seemed helped relieve a little bit of my anxiety, but I'm still nervous as hell.
You see, I have a routine. I wake up, survive while going outside as little as possible, and attempt to fall back asleep, fighting the ridiculously strong current of my severe insomnia. If anything were to break that routine, I would have severe anxiety and stress. Yeah, I know I'm a loser, but I don't care anymore. I stopped caring long ago. I don't do t have anything to care about anyways. I don't have a family, I don't have friends, and I sure as hell don't give a shit about myself, so what should I care about? Exactly, nothing.