ten

"Are you alright?" Jeongin asks Hyunjin as he sat next to him; he was looking out the window next to his seat, but his eyes were a little more droopy than usual, even despite the fact that it's barely half past 7 in the morning. There's still half an hour left before classes would start and that meant Jeongin can very well enter any classroom he wanted and cause as much trouble as he can until then. Changbin still wasn't in their classroom, most likely having breakfast with Felix, so Jeongin had no one to bother in his classroom. So it made perfect sense in his pretty little head that he should go classroom-hopping and bother his best friend.

Hyunjin nodded and stifled a yawn as he turned to his friend. "Yeah. I was up late, though, so I'm a little sleepy."

Jeongin furrows his brows as he sees the tint of pink on the tips of his friend's ears, probably from recalling whatever kept him up so late. Hyunjin wasn't one to be up later than he needed to, surprisingly. He liked curling up under the covers as soon as possible instead of staying up well into the night. Because he's not used to staying up late, Hyunjin is also a morning person, which makes Jeongin want to kick him for everytime they spend the night together because, really, how dare he wake Jeongin up at 6 in the morning?

He also wasn't one to keep things from his best friend, mostly because his body betrayed him before he could even think of doing soㅡ like right now when he's pursing his lips to stop himself from what Jeongin can only assume to be a giddy smile. The red in his ears still hasn't calmed down, and if anything it seemed to be spreading from the tips of his ears to all over.

Jeongin snickers. "Are you keeping something from me?"

Jeongin knows that Hyunjin can very well have been up all night reading those webtoons that he claims he doesn't like but would still binge, or he was looking through animal shelters again and fawning over the puppies, daydreaming about when he could finally adopt one, or he was busy with someone else and that's why he's so flustered. Jeongin so badly wants it to be the third one so that he can finally have something to snap back at Hyunjin whenever the older teases him about his crush on his English tutor, who happens to be the sweetest person with dimples to die for, so Jeongin thinks it was only right that he'd been crushing on the college student for the better half of the year.

"No." Hyunjin laughed, pinching the younger's nose. The tips of his ears heat up a modicum more. "I was just up late."

"Okay, then." Jeongin dropped the subject and looked around the classroom to see Seungmin entering the room. The boy beamed, calling out to him, tentatively forgetting about his quest to find out about his best friend's night. "Seungmin!"

Hyunjin's eyes leave his desk to look at Seungmin. He knows that his ears are burning up right now, blushing so profusely that he discreetly covers his ears with his hair whilst Jeongin and Seungmin were distracted.

The boy was used to late nights patrolling, so compared to Hyunjin, it didn't show that he only had two hours of sleep. He smiled at the younger, not even bothering to leave his bag by his chair and going straight to the back of the room where they were.

"Good morning." he smiled at the two whilst ruffling Jeongin's hair, a soft, delicate smile forming on his lips. Hyunjin is glad that his ears are covered right now; an uncharacteristic lack of sleep does not do well with the dopey flutter in his chest at the sight of a smile that gentle.

Jeongin and Seungmin fall into a natural conversation and Hyunjin simply watches Seungmin. He couldn’t help it when the boy was just a natural at capturing attention; Hyunjin’s attention, specifically. He could blame it on his need to catch another hour of sleep but he know that's not trueㅡ he'd been drawn to Seungmin for months now, having to compose himself in front of his classmate before he reveals just how much of a mess Seungmin's laugh makes in Hyunjin's head. Every day, Hyunjin pats himself on the back for being able to be discreet enough that Seungminㅡ or anyone, reallyㅡ hasn't caught up to Hyunjin's inclinations towards him yet. A part of him is also taken aback that no one has caught up to it yet, he knows he's being plenty obvious, but maybe it's just obvious because it's his perspective.