Arriving

Rue's narration

Melissa grew up with her mom, my aunt. And her dad who had been abusing both Melissa and her mom from a very young age. It could be both mentally and physically, one day he could manipulate them and stuff like that you know. Then other days he would slap them, smash empty beer bottles on them. When Melissa were 11, he just left. Her and her mom woke up one day and he was gone. Around a year later her mom got sick, Melissa would take care of her. One day it got so bad so her mom ended up in the hospital. She didn't make it so some days before Melissa turned 15 she passed.

Melissa never liked her name, people would call her Liz. She didn't really have many friends in school, she had 1 friend named Avery. She really liked her. Avery had a group of friends and one guy in the group used a lot of drugs. Melissa weren't really interested in it but when she were 14 they at least got her to try vape, she really liked it so she just kept doing it. I am her best friend, even tho I'm 2 years older than her and we lived like 3 hours apart. When she visited we usually hung out with Lexi Howard. I had introduced her to Lexi and her sister Cassie. She also met Maddy, Cassie's best friend. Maddy and her actually surprisingly got along pretty well.

At age 11 Melissa was diagnosed with really bad anxiety. She hated herself, she hated her life too. She didn't want to die, she just kinda wish she weren't born at all. Of course she loved her mom and me, and probably Lexi, but overall she kinda hated everything. She were almost never happy except when she was having conversations and her mom were a bit alert, and when she was hanging out with me and moments that made her forget everything bad. She could for example just lay down and vape, listen to music in her headphones at maximum volume. She loved music. The way it made her feel. She also loved being outside at night, she loved the dark and the light from the lampposts. That was how she dealt with her problems.

.........................................................................

Liz's Pov:

Today i was moving in with Rue, it's been a week since my mom died. It hurts like a bitch but I was excited to meet Rue again. I hadn't seen her in almost 8 months i have really missed her. I was also super excited to meet Lexi again.

One of the people who had helped us with my mom now and the moving and all that shit was driving me there. I didn't really give a fuck. Leslie and all the grown ups had dealt with that. I had mostly just been crying. I hate crying, it makes me feel weak and shit. I don't really have a problem crying when im alone. But it's when people are around. The only people that had seen me cry was my mom, Rue and Leslie. Probably my dad to but he can go fuck himself. I don't even know if he's alive.

It was like 5 minutes until we were there. I was kinda nervous to be honest. I was gonna have to be the new kid in school, and I'm younger than Rue, Lexi, Cassie and Maddy and older than Gia. The only people i know. So I wouldn't have anyone of them there.

"LIZ!!" i heard Rue screaming as i arrived outside their house. I opened the door and stepped out of the car. Dropped my bags and ran up and hugged Rue. It felt good feeling her warm embrace again. We let go and she asks me if im okay. "Yeah I'm fine" i say. I guess it's kind of true. I see Leslie and Gia walking out of the house as well. I hug them both and Leslie welcomes me. I grab my bags and thanked the man for the ride. He starts talking to Leslie as me and Rue walks into the house. I go to the room that was gonna be mine. It has white walls. They had already decorated a little bit with a white wardrobe, leds, a queen sized bed with a grey headboard and a little table next to the bed. I had decided that i was gonna buy some vines and probably have one wall with a lot of pictures.

Rue comes into the room and asks if i wanna go see Lexi. I of course said yes. We went to the living room telling Leslie where we are going and she tells us to be home in 3 hours for dinner. As we arrive at Lexi's we knock on the door and it opens and we get greeted by Lexi's mom, Suze.
"Melissa! Rue! Come in come in" she says while we get into the house.
"Lexi said you were coming." She says before calling Lexi.
"Uh we will go upstairs to her" Rue says before Lexi comes down"
"Have fun!" she says while we're going up the stairs. As we're going to Lexi's room we walk past Cassie's. It looks like she's getting ready for something.
"Hey Cass!" I say.
"Oh Liz hi!!" She says after turning around.
"Are you going somewhere?" I ask because she's doing her makeup.
"Yeah, me and Maddy are going to a party"
"Oh, okay. See ya 'round" i say before walking into Lexi's room.
"LEXI" i say as she pulls me into a hug.
"I've missed you so much Liz"
"Ugh same" i say while letting go of the hug.

Time goes by and me, Rue and Lexi are just sitting in her bed talking about how life's been and shit.

Rue's Pov:

I had missed this a lot. Just me and my best friends. Jules had left me at that fucking train station. That's when i relapsed. I had told Liz that on the phone. She never liked Jules so she got a lil mad but whatever.

"Liz in 15 minutes mom wanted us home, i mean we should get going you know" i say as i look at the time.
"Okay" she agrees. She hugs Lexi and they say goodbye to each other. "Bye Lex" i say before we walk out of the door and making our way home.

While we're walking home it's quiet. A comfortable silence. I am thinking about when and how I'm going to introduce Liz to Fez and Ash.

Liz's pov:

We get home and her mom had the dinner ready just as we arrived. After dinner me, Rue and Gia watched a movie. It had been a long week and i had gotten almost no sleep. I slowly doze off on Rue's shoulder. It felt amazing, it felt like home. Today was the first day i had been happy in months.