Future Tasks

Disclaimer: I do not own Power Rangers

Disclaimer: I do not own Power Rangers. Only my OCs.

Chapter 10: Future Tasks

Previously....

Zoey looked around, frustrated, "Seriously? I thought we were done with this?" She frowned, not recognizing her surroundings, "What's with all of the snow?" She looked up to see an Snowy Owl staring at her from the branch of a tree, "Why do I feel uneasy?" The owl's eyes glowed right before it jumped off the branch and flew at her, "Oh, no."

1-2-3-4-5

Running through the snowy forest, Zoey looked back to see the Owl closing in on her, "What the hell?" She ducked down in time to avoid the Owl's talons, "Oh, enough of this." She muttered, standing up. She held up her hands and sent an energy blast at the bird as it came back at her. It screeched as it flew backwards, trying to regain it's balance.

"I don't know who you are or why you're chasing me, but I am not your enemy!" She looked around as the Owl stopped in mid-air, hovered and landed on another branch, "What? What do you want?" The Owl looked to the right and hooted.

Zoey followed his gaze to a glowing light coming towards her, "Oh, what now?" An image finally appeared, forming an ethereal woman in all white, "Oh, my God. You."

"Surprised to see me little one?"

"Yes... um... no," She stuttered, "I mean, I don't know. You brought me here?"

"That's right."

"Why?" The woman looked at her carefully before smiling.

"To show you." She gestured around her, "Everything you and your friend Jenna have gone through, and will go through, all leads to the Final Battle."

"Final Battle? You mean with the Master?"

"Oh, no, my dear girl. It is inevitable, yes, that you will face the Master. But you won't do it alone. You'll never do anything alone. If there's anything I've learned from you Rangers, is that you're always at your best when you work together." The Lady sighed, "This world, this Magical Realm, is just that. A dimensional pocket hidden for their protection. Normal humans have proven, so far, to fear what they don't understand. And magic is a fear."

"Okay. I get that. I've been learning that for the past year. But what is this place that I had to see? What does it have to do with me?"

"Your final battle as a Ranger."

"Wait, what?" Zoey looked at her in shock, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that your destiny is far from over. There is still so much you have to do."

"Can't you tell me what it is? Why does everything have to be a riddle?" She looked around, "And what's with the snow? That's more Jenna's element than mine."