Chapter 1

Alex Pov

With the war finishing over a year ago, the time for mourning was over. It was barely on dawn and Alex was climbing up Mt Paedris to see Niyx. She still remembered the very last time she had seen him, in the Gates during her time in Vardaesia.

Once when she had to rewatch the memory of him dying, and then lastly when she went looking for him, and spoke to him about everything.

No one knew about Alex's journey to the mountain that morning. No one knew about any of the morning trips she had ever made to the mountain. Even though no one knew, she wasn't surprised when she saw Kaiden.

He stood at the top, leaning against a tree with Soraya laying at his feet. Alex cursed the wolf for getting the one person who she needed comfort from this morning. She walked over to him and leaned her head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. Together they looked over the academy grounds far below them.

"I don't particularly like you right now Alex. Soraya here, decided to wake me up by jumping on my bed and laying on me. She then dragged me up here in the cold."

Alex felt bad for him, and after telling him that more than once he reassured her that it was fine because she needed him. Also, because he wanted to spend some time alone with her - without any of their friends interrupting.
Alex's face went instantly red as a tomato and buried her face in his chest which made Kaiden chuckle.

Kaiden slowly pried Alex's face off of his chest and made her look at him. All he found was her giving him a glare that he ignored. He leaned down and gave her a short, but sweet kiss on the lips before telling her that they should start to head back to the academy.

"Hold on." She said as she walked over to Niyx, and laid a flower over him before walking back to Kaiden and descending the mountain in silence.

_____________

Kaiden Pov

Kaidens mind wandered as the walked back to the academy. He was lost in the moments of the last year, like when he and Alex had become official, when Declan and Bear had finally admitted they liked each other, and the rebuilding of Tryllin.

It didn't take long for the two of them to reach the dorm building where they snuck up to Alex's room. As they walked into the room they found it empty which was unusual since Alex shared the room with DC.

Alex quickly explained that her and Jordan had gone to Tryllin so that they could announce to the King and Queen that they were in a relationship before heading to the bathroom.

Kaiden walked over to Alex's bed and laid down under the blankets waiting for her to return from the bathroom. When she came out she dove onto the bed where he was and smothered him. She then slid under the covers with Kaiden and snuggled into his chest.

Only a year and a half ago this wouldn't have been possible. Alex would've been beet red and internally imploding if a moment like this happened. The thought of that made Kaiden smile to himself. Soon enough they were both asleep.

"You just need to take a leap of faith Alex." He said as he moved closer, the double meaning impossible to miss.
Suddenly there was only a few inches between the two of them and Kaiden saw a look on her face and didn't know what it meant so he pulled back and said,

"I said that I'd give you time, but if your not..." Kaiden trailed off, not being able to say anymore because Alex had closed the distance between them. It was the most magical thing that had ever happened to Kaiden and it was on the most magical island in all of Lendasa Marna until...
"They say that thread a crooked, but this is ridiculous" Xira said interrupting their moment.

Kaiden woke up to Alex shaking him. He didn't want his time with her to end so he kept his eyes closed but when he felt the softness of her fingers caressing his cheek he opened his eyes and stared at her gently.

He sat up and pulled her in for a kiss. It didn't last very long, and then he was out the door heading for his own dorm with a smile on his face.