Chapter 2 Cole

I was in shock. This huge snake had came out of the ground and it kept coming and coming and coming. Then, it devoured Pythor and our Sensei in one bite. Sensei was gone. When he was swallowed, his face appeared in the stars and nodded at us. Was he gone? "Sensei," Kai muttered. That's when the Great Devourer saw us. "Maybe if we stand perfectly still," Jay muttered. I felt myself walking back. "Run!" Kai called. I surprised myself by being the first to leave. The bounty was already waiting for us. Nia and Lloyd loaded. We ran away. I heard the Great Devourer chasing us. Jay tripped and fell behind us. He came back with speed I didn't know Jay had. "Wait for me!" he cried. We all dove into the Bounty. "We have no wind, we'll have to use emergency fuel!" Lloyd cried. "Use it," Nia replied. She hopped in front of the steering wheel. "I hate to say this but objects in the screen are closer than they appear!" Jay cried. He was looking at the monitor. The Great Devourer was still coming at us. We got off just in time. "Take that you stupid snake!" Kai called. Then, the Great Devourer popped up right in front of us. "I think it heard you," Jay said. We dodged it, but it kept coming. "Nia we have to go faster," Kai said. "I'm going as fast as we can," Nia replied. "I'll try to make it to scattered canyons." "The chances of that are less that right percent," Zane informed. "Never tell me the odds!" Nia cried. "He's coming for another attack, right side," I warned. The giant snake barely missed. "We're losing speed fast, we need to go faster," Lloyd informed."Throwing everything over board!" Nia ordered. "What?" we all asked. "We need to lose weight," she explained. We did as she said. We threw a ton of weight over board. "Man, he sure is hungry," Jay said. Everything we through, he ate. The more it consumes, the bigger it gets. How had I forgot? "Don't throw anything else overboard!" I cried. Just then, Kai threw Sensei's tea container that he had carried since the day we met him. Our speed picked up, but we still might now make it. Scattered M Canyons was so close.