I could never hurt you mi amor.... willingly...

requested by marvelandlotrlover
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: harm, sharp objects, toxic relationships, physical and mental abuse, hamilton reference, angst,

our parents aren't in encanto, we're 15, lived with our boyfriend, he was abusive and kicked us out when we broke up, and abuela let us stay in casita with mirabel for a while.

Y/n pov:

It was such a good day, camilo took me to the river for a picnic to get my mind off my ex. I had broken up with him about a week ago after he threatened me yet again with a knife after beating me senseless and calling me a useless bastard, orphan, [...] of a whore, bitch, brat, any insult you name it.

I had feelings for camilo for a while, but i'm too scared to admit it. When i was with my ex, he changed from a lovely caring man to a possessive toxic one, which camilo helped me through the whole thing.

He seemed a bit off, but i thought nothing of it and just assumed he was tired from chores. It started great until camilo asked if we could head back.

"already? it's nice just being sat here with you camilo and it's so relaxing to be away from encanto" i said calmly throwing myself back on the blanket to look at the sky.

"y/n please, can we just go back. i just want to go home i'm tired and have had a long day" camilo dramatically sighed.

"camilo, you seem really angry. i've noticed you've been off the entire time we've been here. what's bothering you?" we made eye contact and camilo broke it almost instantly.

"nothing y/n, just stop going on and let's go"

"camilo you can talk to-"
"NOTHINGS WRONG!" Camilo shouted which upset me and my fear began to rise

"CAMILO PLEASE LISTEN IM TRYING TO ASK YOU SOMETHING!" I shouted back trying to get camilos attention as he walked towards casita and ignored me.

"WHAT IS IT Y/N!? WHAT DO YOU WANT? YOU CANT SHUT UP FOR FIVE MINUTES" camilo turned to me and shouted in my face as i stood in shock. Id never seen camilo like this, and it gave me flashbacks of my ex.

Camilos anger began to fade as he saw my shocked face and his expression turned sympathetic. "y/n look- im sorry" camilo raised a hand to push his hair out of his eyes and i flinched.

Camilo noticed, and went to reach out to touch me but i ran. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as i ran towards casita. I heard camilo calling my name in the distance running after me but i just ran faster until i got to casitas doors. The doors opened for me, and i ran up the stairs into the room i share with mirabel. I dived onto my bed sobbing into the pillow

Mirabel just sat on her bed in shock. "y/n are you... what's wrong?"

I told mirabel everything and how when camilo raised his arm i had a flashback and i flinched thinking he would hit me. I don't think camilo would ever hit me...

I cried for a while longer until there was a knock on the door. "guys it's uhm time for dinner..." luisa said, probably confused as to why i'm crying, but not asking me so she can give me some time

We went down for dinner, and the whole time i could feel camilos eyes looking at me. Dolores was obviously aware of the situation and when we finished eating, dolores held camilo back while i went back upstairs.

I avoided camilo for a few days, and when i thought everybody had gone to bed i went downstairs to read without disturbing mirabel.

I began reading my favourite book "harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban"  and i was so engrossed in the storyline i didn't even realise a certain shapeshifter sat down next to me.

I immediately cowered away from him praying he wouldn't hit me.

"y-y/n..." he stuttered "i promise i'm not here to hurt you, i will never be here to hurt you" 

"i-i don't know what to say camilo... you shouted at me and knowing everything i went through you said the same words to me that... he did... the first time he ever got mad at me" I said, as tears fell from my eyes.

"oh y/n i'm so sorry, you don't have to forgive me. i understand i did something...unforgettable. i was having a horrible day and i took my anger out on you which i should've never done. i promise i will never treat you the way he did, i love you..." Camilo said

"you-you love me?" i said, my eyes wide.

"i-uh uhm. mierda. yeah, i do y/n you don't have to love me back, you don't even have to forgive me. i'm just glad you know how i feel"

"Camilo, i" i paused thinking how to say this. Camilos eyes filled with panic. "I really love you too, and i know it wasn't your fault. you didn't know, and i'm sorry i ran off without giving you a chance to explain"

"I could never hurt you mi amor" he said hugging me tightly and kissing my forehead

Little did he know, that's exactly what my ex said
the only difference, camilo didn't say willingly after.