Chapter 1 - The Meeting

Opposites Attract - Chapter 1: The Meeting ~

Yes, today was finally the day. First day of summer! Get to sleep in and hang out with all my friends. Wow, this is going to be the best summer ever.

(Next Day)

"Yah, Mihyun wake up." I barely heared my mom say.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I dont have school today remember? Im on summer break."

"Well your father and I just found out we will be overseas for work over summer." She said.

"Okay.. Uhm so, what does that have to do with me?"

"You're not gonna stay here alone all summer long."

"Why not? Well, I could always stay with Young."

"No, you will be staying with a close friend of mine."

"Who?"

"Mrs. Oh. Now go get ready. Your father and I have have to be at the airport in two hours!"

I groaned in frustration and laid my body and covered myself in my blanket.

The last thing I heard was hearing my mom sigh.

I must've fell asleep because I was awoken by water being splashed onto me.

"KYAAA!" I screamed before jumping out of bed frantic while soaking wet.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"Why did you do that?!" I continued.

"Sorry, you werent getting ready."

She then slammed my door closed and I went towards my closet wondering how my summer is going to turn out.

(One Hour Later)

"Yah! Mihyun hurry! Your father already started the car!" My mom yelled.

"Coming!"

I then my way downstairs and grabbed my navy blue jansport and swung over my left shoulder, put phone in pocket and rolled my suitcase outside of the door and towards the car.

My dad took my suitcase from me and put it in the trunk while I made my way to my seat.

"All buckled up Mihyun?" My father asked.

"Yes dad."

My mom then went inside the car and we were off to Oh's residence.

After about fifteen minutes of driving, we pulled up into this nice looking mansion.

I was so amazed at how it was so pretty.

"They live here?!" I asked confused.

"Oh yes." My mom replied.

"Mrs. Oh married a rich man thats why."

My dad then pulled up into the driveway and stopped the car.

"Ill wait in here. Your mom will drop you off. Love you sweetie, stay safe."

"I will dad. Love you too."

I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed all my belongings before closing the car door.

My mom handed me my suitcase and we walked towards the front door.

Still amazed by how this mansion was so fancy.

*Ding Dong*

We both heard the door unlock to see a middle aged women at the door.

"Oh my gosh Jung, its so nice to see you again!" Mrs. Oh exclaimed.

"Its nice to see you again too." My mom replied.

Mrs. Oh then looked over to me and smiled.

"Ahh, you must be Mihyun!"

"Yes I am."

I then bowed and she smiled once again.

"Well come in."

I did as she said and two maids came up to me and took my bags. Mrs. Oh saw the shocked look on my face and said,

"Dont worry. They're just gonna put it up in the room youll be staying in."

She said to reassure me.

"Well I better get going. Ill see you soon again okay honey? Be good and dont cause any trouble. Love you!"

She than ran towards the car leaving Mrs. Oh to closing the door.

She then motioned me to follow her and we ended up in the kitchen.

"Dont be shy Minhyun. Would you like anything to drink? Oh and please, do take a seat."

"Uhm, water would be fine."

Mrs. Oh then poored a water into a glass and handed it over to me before she took a seat across from me.

"Your house is really pretty." I said trying to make a conversation.

"Awh thank you sweetie. I bet your home is much better than ours." She replied.

Mrs. Oh was gonna speak up again but, we both heard foot steps coming down the stairs.

It was a boy that looked around my age.

Hmm, my mom never mentioned saying that Mrs. Oh had a son.

"Sehun! This is Mihyun. Shes gonna be staying with us over the summer."

"Do I care? No."

I was surprised by his words. A jerk to his mom I see? I was about to speak up until he said,

"What are you staring at?" He said bluntly before gulping down a glass of milk.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I asked what are you staring at but, youre obviously not going to answer."

He then made his way back upstairs leaving me dumbfounded with his actions.

"Im sorry Mihyun. Sehun can be a little mean at times. Ill go check on him while you stay down here okay?"

I nodded in reply and watched Mrs. Oh go up the stairs and I was left there alone thinking about this jerk Sehun.

And I have to deal with him for all of summer?

I dont think so.