Chapter 7: Heroes vs Psycho Villain

Marinette POV

I saw Volpe get thrown into a wall and ran to help him up, only for Psycho Villain to grab me with his psychokinesis and pulled me towards him. Shadow Cat tried to help, but was pinned down by a group of brainwashed students.

"Now. Shadow Butterfly wished for you to hand over your earrings. Cough 'em up." He said, clenching his fists. My ribs started to crack. 

"COUGH UP THIS, PSYCHO PUNK! VENOM!" Queen Bee shouted and darted forward with her fist in the form of a stinger. She was about to punch Psycho Villain until a brainwashed Zoe jumped in front of her, taking the blow and freezing her.

"Oh no, Zoe!" Chloe gasped. 

Psycho Villain laughed and launched a locker at Queen Bee, knocking her into a wall.

"Queen Bee!" I cried as I tried to free myself. Hawkgirl was struggling to fight off the brainwashed teachers.

"Now, to take my prize." He said and reached for my earrings. 

Suddenly, a fire extinguisher struck him in the face. He looked over and saw Aria, who threw a bag at him. Psycho Villain called his henchmen to pin Aria down, only for a shield to knock them out. Emerald Turtle ran forward and kicked him in the torso, freeing me.

"Hands off, freak show." He said, brandishing his shield.

Psycho Villain growled and picked up a large pile of cabinets. With a furious roar, he threw them us.

"SHELL-TER!" Emerald Turtle shouted and summoned a forcefield, blocking his attack.

"I'll-knock-you-out-, you amphibian asshole." Psycho Villain growled, panting for breath.

"Turtles are reptiles, not amphibians. Get your facts right." Emerald Turtle retorted and threw his shield at him. Psycho Villain dodged it.

"You missed, idiot." He taunted.

"He wasn't aiming at you." Volpe said as he caught the shield and swung it across Psycho Villain's face, knocking him out. He removed the ring on his finger.

"Aria, catch!" Volpe shouted as he threw it to Aria, who caught it. A group of students ran towards her.

"Throw it to Shadow Cat!" I shouted.

Aria nodded and threw it at Shadow Cat, who used cataclysm to destroy the ring and free the akuma. I caught the akuma and purified it.

"Bye bye, little butterfly." I said as I freed the now purified akuma. I summoned a copy of Emerald Turtle's shield and tossed it up, repairing the damage and freeing everyone who was brainwashed by Psycho Villain.

"Phew. That did it." Hawkgirl sighed.

"Where's Chloe?" I asked.

"Over here. I think I might've broken a few bones. And I may have some brain damage." Chloe called as she tried to get up. Zoe helped her walk towards us.

"Thanks a lot, Emerald Turtle." Shadow Cat said.

"Nah, you should thank Aria. She's the one who helped us out." Emerald Turtle said with a smirk.

"It's nothing, really." Aria said with an embarrassed smile.

Our miraculous started to beep.

"Time to go" Emerald Turtle said as he walked away. Aria stopped him and whispered something in his ear, much to his shook.

Afterwards, he ran.

"What did you tell him, Aria?" Hawkgirl asked.

"Oh, nothing special." She replied with a grin.

Owen POV

I entered one of the changing rooms and sighed. I looked at myself in the mirror and shook my head.

"Wayzz, shell off." I said, changing into my civilian form.

"What's wrong?" Wayzz asked me.

I gave him a chocolate bar for him to eat and rinsed my face, ignoring the stinging pain in my hands and cheeks.

"I know who you are. But, don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. After all, we're friends. Right, Wen?" Aria whispered into my ear.

Those words played back in my mind. A small smile emerged on my lips. Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked and saw a text from Aria.

Aria: Hey, Emerald Turtle.😉

Wen: How did you know it's me?🤨

Aria: Call it a hunch but Emerald Turtle said back off the same way you said it. Without the stutter. Also, I saw the bruise on your cheek. So I knew it's you.😊

Wen: Alright. You got me. Just don't tell anyone. Please. 🥺

Aria: As if I'd sell you out. As I said before. Your secret is safe with me.😉

Wen: Thanks, Ri.😄

Aria: Also, you look really cool in the suit. 😎

Wen: I'm glad you like it. 😊

Aria: And super cute.

Wen: W-what? 😲

Aria: Sorry! Sorry! That was- I should go. 😳

I put my phone away and blushed.

"Does she like me. As in more than a friend?" I muttered.