Chapter 7

Daisy's POV

Sofia took me inside a room.

"You can take a shower here and I will bring you some clothes for you to wear. " Sofia said while handing me a towel and showing me the bathroom door. Then she left me alone there. 

I felt weird standing in a total stranger's house but I still felt at ease. 

Maybe because I know he is here.

I went in and took a long hot bath. I kept on thinking about today's events. So much has happened. I still can't believe that I faced death today.

The bathroom was covered by the fog from all the hot water I used. I wrap the towel around me and entered the room. I suddenly felt dizzy. And just then the door opened. I thought it was Sofia so reached out to her to stop the fall.

I looked up to thank her for helping me from falling, but my eyes met with someone I was thinking about but was not expecting to see in that situation. 

I was looking into his deep eyes. I was freaking out inside, but not a word uttered from my mouth. He supported me to stand up. He took a look at me, but immediately turned around in a second. I couldn't understand at that moment but soon I realized why and went all red from embarrassment.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelped and questioned his unannounced presence.

"It...it's Santiago's room. He said that no one is using this room." He said. "I am sorry, I will leave. You...you lock the door." He was about to leave when Sofia entered. I was relieved and embarrassed at the same time.

"Ummm... Am I interrupting something?" 

"Oh! Thank God You are here. I...was waiting for you." I said hurriedly to distract her or maybe him.

"Oh! Yeah, everyone is eager to see me. They don't let me leave...Oh God this is so exhausting. I feel like I will mess it up." She then turned to Cage. "Why are you here?" She asked him.

"Santiago said that I can use his room. Why didn't you take her to your own room?"

"My room is a mess, it's a bride's room. Do you have any idea how I am sleeping these past few days? I am going crazy." She looked stressed.

"Take a breath, nina. You are doing great and everyone is here with you." He consoled her. He looked like a real big brother to her. 

Wait, why is he still here? 

"Sofia, I think you should let him go. I am still not properly dressed. This situation is questionable." I reminded them.

"Yeah, she is right, you should leave now." Sofia told him and pushed him out of the room.

"I am sorry, I forgot to tell Santiago that you will be using his room. You must be very uneasy."

"It's okay. He has saved me so many times, so I feel safest with him now. But still I don't want him to see me like this also. It was embarrassing." 

"No, it looked romantic to me."

"What nonsense. It was nothing romantic. I had no makeup on. I must be looking terrible." I said dejectedly.

"No, you don't. You look beautiful even without makeup. Although only brides should look beautiful in wedding ceremonies. But I want you to look better because maybe only you can move Cage's heart. This Would be the best gift for my wedding." She said overexcited. I didn't comprehend what she was talking about.

.

.

.

I was sitting before a mirror and Sofia was doing my hairs. She braided my hairs in a loose tail. I was telling her about all the incidents that happened with us. She has been laughing continuously.