Chapter 5 - The Knitting Fairy Doll

Plagg kept zipping around, the ring in his paws nearly slipping at least a couple of times from how fast he was flying. He had to find the Guardian. He had to find Tikki. He had to find a way to help Adrien. He flew across the school and outside of it, and then back into it. He flew through the empty classrooms, looking for any sign that could guide him to Marinette Dupain-Cheng. The problem was that he hadn't gotten a single idea of where the girl could be hiding. After all, he didn't even know where the teachers brought the kids to hide during akuma attacks, since Adrien was always sneaking out of the line to transform.

He had just gone through the walls of the art room, when he heard something that made his blood freeze,

"What are you?"

He turned around, very slowly, until he met the amber eyes of the last girl in the world he'd expected to see in Collège Françoise Dupont at that time in the afternoon. Kagami Tsurugi. She was holding her pencil and her drawing pad and Plagg had accidentally appeared right behind the still life she was in the middle of reproducing.

"You haven't seen me," tried the little God of Destruction, but the Japanese girl turned her sketchbook in his direction to show a perfect replica of himself staring back at him from the canvas.

Mighty creator, that girl had some talent.

"Okay, you have seen me." He flew closer to her, and when amber met electric green, she attempted the shadow of a smile.

"You look similar to Longg. Which kwami are you? Chat Noir's?"

Plagg scowled. "First of all, don't compare me with anyone else, please. I'm unique." He stuck his tongue out. "Second, yes, that's me. The name is Plagg. Have you got any cheese?" He swirled around and looked at her with the expectant eyes of a kitten.

Kagami blinked, but dropped her notebook and opened up her school bag to take out a neatly filled lunch box displaying a variety of food. Sushi and onigiris mostly, by the look of it. And—

"Feta?" said Kagami, picking up a slice of feta cheese with her chopsticks.

Plagg wrinkled his nose. "Eugh. But it will do, if there's nothing else to eat." He proceeded to stuff in his mouth the whole piece, which was almost bigger than him, and gulped it down in a matter of seconds.

Kagami blinked. "Wow, that was fast. Does your holder not feed you?" She looked around the room, almost worriedly. "And where is he? There's an akuma, that's why I looked for a shelter in here, I had just arrived for an extra fencing practice."

So that explained what she was doing there. Plagg sighed. "He's unable to transform at the moment. I'm looking for Ladybug to inform her, but I can't find her."

Kagami's eyes narrowed. "As far as I know, Chat Noir has never missed a fight from the day the very first akuma made its appearance. He may be a flirt, and joke too much, but I trust he's serious when it comes to supporting Ladybug. If he's unable to come and allows you to carry around something as precious as that ring without supervision, it can only mean one thing."

Plagg became very grey in the face.

"He's the akuma," concluded Kagami.

Plagg became even more grey in the face. Shoot. This was bad. This was very, very bad. If Kagami found out that the akuma was Adrien, she would also have discovered his identity.

"Nah, what are you talking about? He's just busy and the ring is very safe with me, thank you very much! If anybody would even get close to me, I'd cataclysm their sorry face!"

But Kagami didn't lose her serious look as she folded her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Alright. You...re clever," he chortled, and then coughed a couple of times to clear up his throat.