Long ago - Short story - Originally written on - 24/01/2020

In a far away land there still is magic and traces of what we now know as fantasy. But long ago, during the time when dragons ruled both the land and the seas, the land was in constant unrest as it was the place where all the dragons gathered once every year. And as the dragons were creatures of both magic and earth, genocide of the whole species was easy to carry out. The source of all the dragons' magic lied in a magic crystal that lied in the heart of their layer that was ferociously protected all winter long.

Once a brave and foolish human decided to enter the dragons layers, a plan of destruction and selfishness stormed in their mind. They intended to destroy the magic crystal. Having an affinity for magic they waved their wand muttering a disastrous spell. The crystal shattered into dust and the dragons disappeared and died for they were creatures of both magic and earth. The magic released from the crystal made magic inaccessible anywhere but the island. So one can only find those so said myths and fantasy in the island. Though it is still not found, there are myths and stories that reference it by different names but its true name would always be Ghjkl (randomly typed, not part of a real language and intended to be pronounced the same way English google translate pronounces it) which in some lost language means hope.