Under Your Skin

Important AN: Before we begin, I'd like to mention that the reader makes an appearance a little later on in the chapter. Don't be fooled, it is still very much a reader insert, but with a twist... Also, make sure you know the show somewhat, at least up unil the start of Yorknew, as it goes off the rails there. It's not very non-watcher friendly, sorry.

Please read the description of the book.

3rd POV:

The Hunter Exam... A challenge where one proves themselves worthy of claiming the license of a Hunter, a professional adventurer. Today marks the start of the 287th Exam, let's wish our competitors luck.

It all begins at the entrance of an underground tunnel, many people stand around with numbered pins on their chests. The waiting spot where the exam will begin.

The elevator door at the end opens and in steps another one, a young teen with brown hair and dark blue eyes, looking around rather cautiously. He recieves the number #302, and smiles softly before standing to the side. He's of course approached by a male in a blue coat, somewhat tubby and with a smile and the number #16 pinned. "Hello young man. It's great you joined us, the more the merrier! My name is Tonpa, a bit of a veteran." He introduces himself. "Oh, nice to meet you. My name is Umi, and I'm new here." The teen politely responds, fiddling with his hands. "Would you like some juice? I bought too much." Tonpa offers, and Umi smiles as he cracks it open and brings it to his mouth.

/ / / / / !!! Danger !!! \ \ \ \ \

Umi suddenly jolts and drops his can, spilling the contents all over the floor. "Shit, I'm sorry." Umi apologises as Tonpa frowns. "It's okay, I can get you another." Tonpa replies and reaches for his backpack, but Umi stops him. "No, no. I wouldn't want you to waste any more on me." The teen says, then backs off from the male.

"I never thought I'd feel this again... But it could help during the exam..." Umi whispers, looking at his hand. It was a mystery to him, but his while life he could feel something every time he was in danger. A feeling, telling him to get out. Plus, there's this strange mark on his side. Once he becomes a hunter, he could search for more in hunter databases. That's why he's here.

On Umi's hip is a labyrinth tattoo, the whole imagery the size of a jar cap.

How did he get it? He doesn't remember. All he knows is that he wants to learn what it means, and that it's very important to his strange situation.

He then relaxes against the wall as other applicants slowly come in, checking them out. Nobody really catches his eyes, until a scream pierces the air. A man is kneeling on the ground as his arms dissolve into petals, then falls over. The blooms are pink and look fairly innocent, but the context makes them dirty and grotesque.

"Oh, how peculiar. His arms seem to have become flower petals. No smoke and mirrors here." Says the cause, a peculiar looking man. He's tall, pale, and looking like a magician. He has a star painted on his right cheek, and a teardrop on his left. His hair is red and angled up like a flame, and he's dressed in a strange outfit.