5. Dinner or Date?

-short chapter-

~third person pov~

They both walked all the way to 'Homely Maid' the restaurant, and ordered some afternoon tea with sandwiches and scones. They started a conversation while they were waiting for their food to arrive at their table. "You should come over to my house 🏠 sometime! I have some friends that I think would love to meet you!" Wilbur said to y/n. "I'd love to meet your friends someday too!" y/n said to wilbur. The food arrived soon after the conversation ended. They ate their food in silence and finished it before paying the bill. Wilbur paid the bill even though y/n insisted to pay for it. Wilbur didn't listen to y/n and still paid the bill.

~y/n pov~

You really didn't have to pay for it, Wilbur. We could've at least split the bill 💵 . You pay for everything, and I feel bad." I said with a little sigh at the end. "No, I decided to pay for it, therefore I pay for it." Wilbur said to me very confidently. "Alright, if you say so, but next time, I'm paying for it." I told him then huffed at the end of the sentence.

/ time skip to the next morning /

~y/n pov~

It's supposed to be the first day of college. I need to get ready. I got ready and prepared everything. I finished packing and started walking to college.

/ time skip already walked to college /

~third person pov~

y/n walked to college and went to y/n went into y/n's assigned class. The teacher introduced y/n to everyone and and then y/n took a seat. The teacher said that there would be a new student but y/n didnt care because all that was in y/n's mind was Wilbur. The new student soon came in and introduced himself as 'Noah'. He was a considerably kind person, though he didn't look like it.

When the lesson ended, Noah walked up to y/n and asked if they could be friends. y/n thought "Maybe we could be friends, Noah doesn't seem like a bad person.". y/n continued to say that they could be friends, so Noah asked y/n to go for a walk with him.

/ after the walk /

Noah aaid goodbye to y/n and went to his next lesson. Though y/n and Noah were friends, y/n still wondered why Noah came to specifically
y/n to be friends. But it didn't really matter so
y/n proceeded to head on with the day. After college, Noah asked y/n if y/n could come over to his house. y/n forgot about the meeting with Wilbur at 5:00 and proceeded to head over to Noah's by walking and watch the television till 5:45.

~Wilbur pov~

"It's currenly 5:45 and y/n still hasn't arrived. Maybe y/n has other plans. Maybe not. Maybe y/n is just late. Right?" I thought. I started to panic and think all sorts of things like "What if y/n doesn't care?", "What if y/n purposely did this to me?", "What if y/n is on a date with another guy?". I knew that y/n would never do that to anyone but those thoughts still raced through my head.

~y/n pov~

I'm was Noah's house watching TV, when I realized that I had planned to meet Wilbur at 5:00. I checked the clock and I panicked at it said 5:49. I was almost 50 minutes late. But I wasn't even sure if Wilbur was still there. I rushed to the door as I bid Noah a Thank you and goodbye. I quickly ran to the coffee shop and round Wilbur looking out the window. My footsteps had been audible by Wilbur and he turned around to see me. He gestured me to come over and have a seat at his table.

Word count: 665