Chapter 16 ❀ "Coward"

5963 words
SONG RECOMMENDATION: Another Love ~ Tom Odell//Listen before I go ~ Billie Eilish// Late Night Talking ~ Harry Styles//Parents ~ yungblud

CHAPTER QUESTION:
What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?

Location: Todoroki household Time: Saturday 6:00 pm-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time: Saturday 6:00 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bold = flashback

ONE FULL DAY HAD GONE BY. One full day but it felt like a week. Shoto hadn't eaten nor slept since then. He just locked himself in his room and wouldn't come out. His siblings were worried. Never had their brother acted like this before so they had no idea what to do. They opted to give him his space for now.

Luckily, it was the weekend so Todoroki didn't have to go to school. Unluckily, without school meant he just sat at home. Alone with his thoughts. He laid in his bed as he thought of every possible way he could have saved his relationship with Chihiro.

Between the pain, guilt, and sleep deprivation, he couldn't think straight...

...and it showed. Because when Shoto opened his eyes, he was met with an all too familiar burnt sugar brown accompanied by black licorice dark lashes.

"H-...huh?" Was all he could fester out.

He blinked, hard. Rubbed his eyes. Gave himself a good slap across the face. Yet the end result was still the same.
-and now his cheek hurt.

She was sitting on the edge of his bed, looking over at him as if this were normal. Her skin, while as vibrant as ever, shone beautifully in the darkness of the room. Todoroki didn't need a light to see her clearly, almost as if she in herself was a light. She was dressed in the last attire he saw her in, her U.A uniform. Her hair was pulled into a bun just like before, little stray hairs of hers were pulled into swoops and twirls upon her hairline, decorating her face yet not pulling attention away from the main attraction.

How...when...why didn't he hear her come in? How did she even get in? As far as Todoroki knew, his old man and siblings were home so there's no way she snuck in...

"Chihiro? Is this some sort of quirk?" Was all he could force his voice to say. Could she really teleport all this way?
Shoto was full of disbelief and doubt that this was even happening but...she was right there. He could reach out and touch her if he wanted too.

Please say something.

Let me know this is real.

Her lips parted slightly and she let out a small sigh. She looked up at the ceiling for a brief moment as if she were collecting her thoughts.