3: darling, you're the one I want

The skies of Malta is like a curtain of silk filled with tuffy–looking clouds almost similar to a wizard's white drifted past.

The heap of sea swelled silently amidst the waves that were rippling from a distance.

Everything seemed perfect.

"I can recall you mentioned Taylor Swift once," he spoke softly as the horizon that is in front of them slowly turns in a line, brilliantly red and orange.

"Taylor Swift? What about her? Do you enjoy her songs now?," Chayoung teased.

"I might have."

"Really?! Since when?," a sparkle of amusement filled her eyes as he replied.

"Every time I miss you and your presence ."

Squabbling seagulls squawk with her as he made a cheesy remark.

"My goodness! My mafia man really is getting cheesy as time goes by," Chayoung mused. "If you say so, what's your favorite song?"

Vincenzo looks around admiring the beauty of Malta's seas before giving a reply, "Paper rings."

"Paper rings? Vincenzo, that's like a happy beat? There must be a reason for it."

"Because I like shining things,"

"That's it? But why—"

"And I'd marry you with paper rings."

The glassy air carries a faintly delicious perfume as if a jar is being slowly opened, revealing a galaxy of unworldly scents.

"Vince—"

"That's right. Darling, you're the one I wanted."

The opera of the sea washed off her as he went down on one knee. There were no heaving waves to be seen, merely wave-grooves in the sand.

A mesmerizing mural awaits his proposal. It was now sunset.

"Hong Chayoung, you are the most extraordinary person I have ever met. Would you mind spending the whole lifetime with a guy who would do everything for you and would stay by your side forever?"

"I mean how could I say no? Villains are tenacious even in love."

Her hands twinkled in excitement as he placed a dazzling white gem, orderly hollowed in a silver band.

"As for myself, I think you deserve better than paper rings," he smiled, sharing a passionate kiss.

In front of the couple is a wave-music of welcome and as they share a word of forever along the shore, the waves in a distance are like white creases on a vast bale of velvet and the lolling of wind is both rhythmic and mesmerizing.

This is what they both wished for.

A Happy Ending.

I would love to hear your thoughts! Votes and comments are highly appreciated<3