CHAPTER I

The Dos and Don'ts of a Lady

Fight for our characters if we must, but never do harm for a lady would not.   
Men do the violence, while women keep their grace and quarrel with intelligence.

A lady should retaliate with grace and elegance; refined but fierce.
Always recall that a lady must remain composed and not let emotions hinder their grace.

Women attack in a way that ruins not the dignity built in society.
A lady has built a reputation since birth, and one must maintain this reputation. Let not the events ruin the well-maintained grace.

A lady could be witty without profanities.
As one should remember, words uttered by a woman should remain delicate and courteous. Women do not counter shaming at the expense of one's own honor.

A lady makes use of words to entertain not to defame.
A lady is refined and literate that words are used during the ball to entertain. With assurance that entertainment will not figure out that they are the subject.

Be a gossipmonger. Tell the story but not be the story.
As the ladies are filled with gossip and such, one must keep in mind that the gossip must be subjected to others. Sophistication of a woman should not be obscured by mere stories told that passed-on during an afternoon tea. A woman tells the story, not be a part of the story.