𝙻𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕 𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚎 » 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐠 | 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a kaleidoscope of colors dancing across your home, gold shimmering in the distance. You woke up feeling happy, serene even, the dark thoughts no longer harrowing your vacant mind. You rolled over, stretching your arms above your head.

Last night you fell asleep in an instant, Druig immediately flooding your dreams. You began to blush, remembering the very passionate dream you had. He had finally apologized to you, pulling you into a long, deep kiss that said everything he didn't know how to say. It was like his own form of communication, filling every void, beating down every doubt, all with a single kiss. Of course, it was only a dream. Your smile dropped as you realized that's all it was.

Maybe today things will be different. Maybe he will be happy to see me, nicer to me even.... You almost laughed and the ridiculous thought, before getting up out of bed.

You pulled out a light orange dress made from a muslin material, decorated elegantly with red and brown beads around the collar and sleeves. You slipped it on, admiring the way the beads shimmered as you shook the dress down your body. It was floor-length, yet still form-fitting, flattering the curves of your hips and thighs. It was a beautiful dress; you made a mental note to find who made it and thank them.

You made your way to the kitchen, nearly jumping out of your skin when you saw Makkari sitting at the table.

"Ah! Oh my god, you nearly gave me a heart attack," you signed, your heart pounding in your chest. A shit-eating grin appeared on her face, and you realized that was her plan all along.

"Yeah, well that's very rude," you said while signing, moving over to the empty seat across from her.

"How did you sleep," Makkari asked.

"Very well actually." You decided not to tell her about your dream, figuring it was best not to. What good could come of her knowing about your crush on the man who hated your guts?

"Good. Are you hungry?" She signed.

"Very."

"Come on," she motioned for you to get up. You followed her out of the home down into the village.

You stopped in front of the dining hall, a little nervous to enter in after Makkari. The last time you came in here, things had not ended well. But, you thought, maybe today will be different. It has to be. You pushed open the doors, heading straight for the private room designated for the Eternals. Everyone else was already sat, eating, and happily conversing with one another.

Just as fate would have it, your seat was right next to him. He looked up from his breakfast, offering you a small smile as you sat down next to him. Maybe things will be different today, you thought to yourself as you sat down, returning the small smile. Makkari sat beside you, nudging you to grab some food from the table. You did so, admiring the delicious display of food in front of you.

"So, Y/N, how was your first night?" Sersi asked, happy to see you looking content this morning.

"Great, I actually slept really good," you replied. Thoughts of your dream began to creep into your mind, but you quickly brushed them away. The last thing you needed right now was to explain why your cheeks were suddenly crimson.

"Glad to hear it! Are you and Makkari training today?" Ajak asked, signing as she did so. You weren't sure of the plan; however, it was safe to assume the answer was yes since Makkari was sitting at your table this morning.

"I think so," you answered, looking to Makkari. She shook her head as she stuffed her face with some more food. A look of relief flashed across the Eternal's faces with her confirmation. You were oblivious to it, but Druig wasn't. He knew exactly what they meant, and anger suddenly overcame him. He was eyeing Ikaris, who had chuckled slightly.