one of those days | eren jaeger

"It's just one of those days where grace feels far away

"It's just one of those days where grace feels far away."

synopsis: it's been a rough day and your boyfriend Eren realised from your messages that you're not doing alright and decided to swing by.

warning: none. just eren fluff.

author's note: there's just something about imagining yourself being comforted by your comfort characters that just feels so warm? idk who needs it, but here's eren being your source of comfort after you've had a rough day.

YOUR PHONE PINGED, the sound making you groan and roll over in your bed to face the dressing table beside you. You squinted, the light from your phone's lit-up screen hurting your eyes in the dark room. The curtains were closed and the lights were off, and it had been that way since you woke up late. It's been 4 hours since then. You contemplated whether or not you checked who the message was from, a deep sigh leaving your lips as you reached an arm out to grab the device from your dressing table.

The first thing you did was lower the brightness, not wanting to ruin your eyesight (as if to say it was healthy, to begin with) and then you checked the notifications centre and gasped at the number of messages you received from one person in the past hour, alone.

40 messages from bun supremacy

You contemplated whether you opened them, he was your boyfriend, after all. You decided to push yourself up until you were seated, leaning back against the many pillows that decorate your bed. "If I don't open them, I should be fine." You spoke to yourself, pressing the notification to see what your worried boyfriend had to say. "Ah, shit." Your eyes nearly fell out of your head upon seeing that he had been checking up on your wellbeing (and probably stressing, too).

I'm on my way, just letting you know, was the last thing he sent you, the sentence sending your brain into a frenzy. You hadn't showered, you haven't cleaned your bedroom in a week and you weren't even sure what the state of your kitchen and lounge area was like. You didn't bother checking how long ago he sent the message, tossing your phone aside and jumping to your feet, heading straight for the bathroom. The least you could do was wash your face and brush your teeth.

Once you were done, your first task was opening the curtains and the windows, an attempt to bring some life into your room and get rid of the death-like stench. It's not like your boyfriend hasn't been over before, but in the year you had been dating him, he had never encountered you on a really rough day. You were always able to pick yourself up enough to have a slightly tidier space or you would go and visit him to change the scenery.

After quickly making your bed, you put on a pair of sliders and ran out of your room to make a start on cleaning the rest of your apartment. Your journey was cut short by the sight of your boyfriend taking off his shoes at your apartment front door and changing into a pair of sliders that matched yours, a very full duffel bag resting by his feet. He never brought that bag with him unless he was planning to stay over.