We Were Friends

When the Painter came to the manor. He didn't think he'd see his ex, Luca in the manor.

He calls him an ex since Luca can't remember him and they can't possibly be together if Luca doesn't remember loving him or being with him. Though they never broke up officially.

There were many survivors who he had never met or even seen.

Then just today, he saw someone familiar.. He wasn't sure if it was who he knew of.

Dark Grey hair that spirals into white, grey irises for eyes. He looked familiar to a boy he once knew when he was young.

He slowly approached him, his figure revealed him wearing a grey closed jacket and long grey pants.. this guy is just one colour scheme.

Though he was carrying a strange thing.. A box. He did not know what kind of box it was.

He approached the familiar man, the man towered over him. He didn't like to be looked down upon, he wanted to be above them.

"Hello? Who are you?"

He asked curiously.

"I-..."

The man said one word and just went silent.

He was angry, first this man towered over him and now he can't speak.

"Speak up, commoner. I asked you a question."

He spoked with authority, it was a demand.

The boys face twisted into a look of sort of disgust and disbelief.

"Commoner? Have you forgotten your place, Valden?"

I took a step back at the words? My place?! I know my place!

"Of course I know my place."

"Its Carl. Aesop Carl, Valden. You have truly forgotten your friends and your place when talking to a noble as such as yourself."

Carl..? Carl....? Where have I heard that name before..

--------------------------------------------------------------

"My son.. I would like to meet one of our future partners and maybe it could be yours."

"Father? Why so?"

"Their status is the same as ours."

"Meet Aesop Carl, Edgar. You both may have private time together. I will go back to work now."

My father had left me with him.

"H-Hello.."

"Nice to meet you, Aesop."

"Nice t-to meet you too"

He shook his hand in earnest.

--------------------------------------------------------------

" Why didn't you say good bye to me?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"W-Wait! Aesop? It's you?"

"You won't even recognise your friend? You even called them a commoner and disrespected them.. Where did your manners go, Valden."

"I apologize, Aesop. I'm deeply sorry. I didn't know.."

"Don't call me Aesop, you don't deserve it. You may only call me Mister Carl now. You've lost the privilege to."

His former friend had turned around and left. All he could hear is the footsteps slowly disappearing. The steps may be soft and quiet but he could hear it loudly, echoing in his ears.

He lost everyone he knew, even his friend. It was just a simple mistake. . He didn't know. ..

He laughed.. He doesn't need anyone. He just needed himself. He is the king of the world, his world and he can choose to acknowledge no one.

No one but himself.