Mundane Life

The medium sized room lit up in a sudden brightness in the usual darkness, it is when the lights and lamps were switched off for the sleeping painter in the room.

The suns ray shoned through the window. It even shoned through where the painter was sleeping.

The painters eyes twitched as the sun tickled him, the sun was shining on his face and most importantly waking him up from his slumber.

The sun served as a alarm of sorts, it told them that it was morning and also some time for his husband to spend time with him.

He doesn't sleep with his husband a lot because he knew that Aesop may like sleeping with him. Aesop valued alone time too.

The bed felt different without the embalmer, the bed felt cold without him.

He groggily sat up and stretched his arms, he consciously put his feet out but he suddenly remembered. He wasn't living with his family anymore.

He lived with Aesop, his husband, his lover and his everything. They lived the normal life out of the rich he was used to.

He lazily stood up and walked to his shoe box which was carefully placed in the wardrobe.

Before he slid the shoes on, he grabbed his socks and then did he slip them on.

He had slept last night with a buttoned shirt which wasnt fully buttoned. The night was humid, the country they lived in wasn't near the equator and was nowhere near as warm.

But the weather and month they were in, were the humid season. It made the rooms not cold as it usually is.

He was going to go out to work soon anyways, so he had to be proper. He swapped his shirt for a clean one before grabbing his long pants.

Before he knew it, he was in front of his very own vanity. The mirror stood big and tall proudly.

He looked at himself, his hair was a mess, it looked like a birds nest. It was horrendous, his hair strands stood out and his curls were in the wrong places.

He used to have personal hairdressers and hairstylists that helped made his hair neat and beautiful but now he lived with Aesop, all of those luxuries were taken away.

He didn't mind it, it was better to live with Aesop. He loved him and he was able to be treated as a being.

At least he minimally knew how to brush his hair, but he will need more help from Aesop.

He looked in the mirror when he was done, it was pretty okay but he wanted it to be nicer so he brought the brush along with him.

He went out of his room and checked if Aesop was in his room, he wasn't. The only place he would be in the morning now is the kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

He walked into the kitchen expecting it to be dark and that nobody was there, but he can see light from the kitchen.

Someone was there. The person he lives with, Aesop.

The light of the man of his dreams, were blinding to say the least. He could wake up to him every day.

"Aesopppp"

He dragged the p's at the end as his hands hanged around the taller man's waist.

"How's my cook doing?"

"Ah...umm.. I am just cooking us breakfast as usual."

He recognized the mans apron, he had gotten it as a joke. It is a pink apron with the words "Kiss The Cook".

"What is you are cooking, hmm?"

"Your favourite? I know you miss your home life so.. I am trying to make it to your standard.."

Edgar lifted up his hand and caressed his dear Aesop's cheek.

"You dont have to.. Sometimes I wonder how I even got to be with a man like you."

"Because I love you..?"

"No, no. How did I even get a man who would give me everything he has, his love and his care."

"Oh.. uhh"

The man blushed red and scratched his head.

"I love it when your face is red, dear. We may enjoy our morning, right?"

"Mmn."

Edgar kissed him and they had their breakfast that day together at their kitchen table.

Their laughter could be heard all the way from out of the window.

The birds sitting out at the trees outside, chirped and watched as the couple loved each other.