Extra 1

extra 1: regarding the lack of physiology classes

1. SOLDIER
“Little soldier, come here.” Lu Meng crooked a finger at the soldier.

Face reddening, the soldier hurried over, “General.”

“You’re an Alpha too, yes?”

The soldier nodded yes, although many people have told him he didn’t behave like one.

“Then do you know, under what circumstances do our glands swell?”

The soldier was completely flushed now.

“During… During a rut…” His voice was as small as a mosquito.

Lu Meng was suddenly enlightened.

So their bodies had acknowledged each other as partners, had known their feelings for one another even before their hearts caught up.

“Oh, right… The others are always saying I tease soldiers, do you know why?”

The soldier stammered: “Because they say you like Alphas.”

“That’s right.” Lu Meng was very frank, “I like Li Ze, and I’ve marked him, so the rest of you better not come too close to him.”

Caught off guard by the sudden revelation of truth, the soldier was dazed.

“Also… the other time, you said we were fighting. We weren’t fighting, we were… proving our individual capabilities to each other.” Lu Meng thought this expression rather suitable.

The sight of the soldier’s reddened cheeks amused Lu Meng, “Little soldier, you haven’t told me your name yet.”

“Reporting to the General, my name is Shi Bing[1].”

“I meant your name.”

“I— I… I’m called Shi Bing!” Shi Bing panicked.

Lu Meng: “……” He was now abruptly aware of why the others said he liked teasing his subordinates[2].

2. SCENT
“Private.” Shi Bing regretted provoking these two troublemakers back then, but it was too late for regret at this point. Now, the other has come to stop him.

“General!”

“Don’t be nervous, I’ve heard about what happened from Lu Meng. He doesn’t have any other intentions towards you, so there’s no need to worry.”

“I… I know.”

“It’s good that you know. Oh, right — can Alphas detect the pheromones of other Alphas?” Recently, the doctor was using Li Ze as a research subject, so he had absorbed quite a bit of new knowledge. Due to this, he realized that he had never picked up on the pheromones of other Alphas before.

Shi Bing shook his head, “Of course not, General. Alphas and Alphas, um, how should I say this… Like poles repel.”

Li Ze: “…So, I’m gay?”

Shi Bing didn’t dare to nod, merely shrinking back.

“Well then, how do you know so much?”

Shi Bing was rather puzzled, “Reporting to the General, these subjects were taught in physiology classes during elementary school.”

Li Ze: “……” Physiology class, what the hell was that?

3. MERPEOPLE
“Are you a fish?” Little Lu Meng touched his tail curiously.

The Mer-king huffed, then shook him off his tail, “I’m the king of the Merpeople.”

“What are Merpeople?”