Prologue

When someone engages in betting activities where the outcome has a basis of chance rather than skill, there are at least a few participants and there is a wager with monetary exchange, it is gambling.

Now, there are a lot of permitted gambling activities across the globe. Casinos. Lottery. Bingo. Holiday Carnivals. Arcade games. And many more.

What makes it contrary to law?

I don't know.

Maybe because of the money that's freely flowing throughout these games. Fortune circulates in as easy as one pick or bet. Now, isn't that too easy and unfair?

Why is it contrary to law?

Again, I don't know. Not my problem. But could be our opportunity.

My name is Eddy and I'm the head of an empire.

Not that kind of empire that you're thinking of. With all the castles and stuff. Well, I do own a castle here and there but really, it's not like that.

Maybe showing you how my day works, will give you a better glimpse of it.

"Good morning Mr. Choi." Suzy, my assistant greets me as I enter my office here at my now multi-trillion company headquarters.

"What's my schedule today, Suzy?" I asked her while I scan through the paperworks that I need to approve for the largest network transportation company that I own.

"In the morning, you have a meeting with the nation's largest food company group to secure participation on our newly launched mobile app feature." she narrates.

"Then in the afternoon, you'd need to fly over via helicopter at Japan to check on the endorsement of operations to our international client." she continues.

"In the late afternoon, you have a press conference to discuss your company plans and western brand reputation nowadays." still, she's discussing.

"Then, in the evening, you have to visit our main warehouse for your monthly check on our drug smuggling operations. Ms. Dami will be there too." she finished.

Right. That last bit. Is what makes my empire the largest in the whole world.

"Eddy, you're here." Dami said. She's professional when we're at work.

"How's everything?" I asked her as we walk around the warehouse.

"Everything is going smoothly but... let's visit the office to discuss something." she says reluctantly and I followed her to her office.

We sat across each other on this small table while Suzy stands by the door.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Remember the micro issue that I discussed with you? More and more people are leaving the drug business. When I checked it, the reason was that they are turning to a less risky alternative source of income." she discusses and hands over her tablet to show me some details.

"Gambling. Online. On-site. It's a growing business nowadays. If this keeps up, our general market demand may decrease drastically." Dami says. She's thinking way ahead in the future. But yeah, could be possible.

"What do you suggest we do?" I asked.

"Let's infiltrate it. Take it as yours. Add it to our line of businesses." she suggested.

I thought hard before answering her. It's a risk. We don't even know much about that industry yet. Besides, who knows who I might be going up against if I decide to do this. We should approach this with precaution.