Chapter 1

S1:E1 "I Had No Choice But To Hear You"

JOHN: (Agitated) Oh come off it, Kevin. You know I didn't mean it like that!

KEVIN ignores JOHN and continues walking ,away from the field and towards the street where THOMAS is waiting for him. JOHN looks like he is about to follow KEVIN but thinks twice and instead watches him walk away.

JOHN: (woefully) I just wanted to say that I was sorry...

JOHN stands watching KEVIN disappear for a moment longer before he kicks the football away from him aggressively.

KEVIN gets into THOMAS' CAR. He slams the door shut as THOMAS walks around the car to get into the driver's seat.

...

Louis got the call while he was kicking a football around at Liam's house. The sun had been beating down on them both and Louis had completely sweat through his shirt. He felt disgusting, but the fact that Liam didn't look as disgusting as Louis felt, made him all the more determined to show Liam just how much better at football he was. They had honestly been going at this for years, both of them driven by their egos. Louis was much faster than Liam, but Liam was much stronger. Despite, Liam's advantage in both height and strength, the boys played at about the same level. Which is what led to this endless need to prove their superiority to the other. So when Louis' phone began to ring, he had been kicking the ball as hard as he possibly could at Liam's head, while Liam desperately tried to catch the ball instead of ducking down and allowing it to pass him.

"Sorry, Mate. Me agent's calling. I'll be back in like 10." Louis called out as Liam threw himself to the ground deciding that losing this round would be better than a broken face.

"Hello?" Louis asked as he stepped into Liam's flat, leaving Liam to chase after the football and silently thanking his lucky stars he had thought to turn on his ringer.

"Louis, Lad! How are you?" Dave asked. He sounded all too cheerful. It was unsettling.

"I'm alright. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Louis hadn't known Dave for very long, really just about a year since he had to change agents once he was 18 and was no longer considered a "child actor", but he knew that not once in the entire year they had been working together had Dave sounded this pleased.

"I booked you." Dave said like it was obvious. Which it wasn't. Because Louis hadn't auditioned for anything in nearly two months.

Louis had reached a bragable level of success in his career. His first ever job was with Liam when he was 8 years old. It was a cheesy kids show about an oversized puppet in the shape of a star who fought off aliens. Louis played a recurring evil alien and Liam was the voice of the puppet. His first big job was an American horror movie where he moved into a town house and got murdered by a bunch of suburban moms. After that, his career took off. His life became a whirlwind of cameras, teenage girls, and cocaine. He found himself relying on Liam to stay sane. Liam hadn't booked another job after their first, deciding to go to school instead. He wanted to be an astronomer. Louis thought that was boring. But all that being said, Louis was by no means a struggling actor. But, never once, had he booked a job without auditioning first.

"What?" He asked. "But I haven't..."

"I know." Dave interrupted. "It's my friend's. He signed a deal with Netflix for a new series called "Head Over Feet". I'm hoping you'll sign onto it. The story line is perfect for you and you'll bring some attention to the show."

Oh. Louis supposed that explained why Dave sounded so cheery. He was buttering him up. Not that Louis minded too much. He was happy to be receiving a job after things had gotten dry. And he didn't even have to go through all of the hassle of auditioning.