Chapter twenty seven

After the Mr Conner fiasco, and then the problems at work, Y/n tried her very best to continue her week as usual. School was tiring but overall alright, she did notice that Mr Conner was absent for the rest of the week, on sick leave apparently, Y/ns worried about him after his little breakdown.

On the other hand, work was hell. The stock was done perfectly thanks to whatever magic trick Jungkook pulled, yet Eddy never stopped giving Y/n a hard time. He was unwilling to admit that she did something right, obviously looking forward to picking apart her mistakes, and using that as an excuse to cut her pay. Instead he got nothing, putting him in a worse mood, and he took his frustrations out on Y/n by giving her the worst jobs, and even making her fill in shifts for night shift staff who didn't show up.

Throughout the week Y/n's under constant stress, work, homework, chores, work, a lack of sleep, and even more work, Y/n's exhausted. It doesn't help that Jungkook has taken every possible opportunity to tell her to quit her job.

She knows he means well, but him telling her to quit every second, of every day, any time he has the chance, isn't helping. The only thing getting her through is her upcoming paycheck, with all of these extra hours there should be a big bonus for her.

Her only day off on Saturday couldn't have come at a better time. Despite not wanting to do anything other than curl up in her bed and sleep, she sticks to her commitment, and is going to try to let loose and have fun at Zack's party.

She's not tired.

Everything is fine.

To get herself in the mood she even treated herself by buying a new top, the others helped her choose.

Y/n keeps her makeup subtle, just enough to hide the dark bags under her eyes, and she's over it by the time she gets to her hair, so it's slightly tamed, and kept as it is. Stephanie makes sure to pop into her room, and tell her that they will be going to the party together. Y/n agrees, getting more and more used to Stephanie's fake pleasantries.

No matter what snide comment Stephanie makes, she can't bring herself to complain, after all she's the one who's always hoped to be friends with her in the first place... and anyway, family should be close. As soon as she changed her way of thinking, Stephanie's actions turned into the start of her being accepted by her family, so Y/n's mood improved.
It won't be long until she can eat with everyone at meals, and maybe even go on the same family outings they do. This particular thought warms Y/n's heart, making her endlessly tolerant towards Stephanie, they are just small and petty antics nothing too big.

Bts arrives at the door, Aunt Gretta calls for just Stephanie to come down, and the two head down. Stephanie's in a baddie dress that's got huge cut outs laced up with string. Although it's clear she had her way with the scissors, making the cut outs even bigger and more revealing.

The seven almost groan when they see Stephanie bound down the stairs towards them, Y/n quietly following behind. She jumps from the last step hoping to be caught by Hoseok, too bad he steps back, forcing her to catch herself as she stumbles forward a couple steps. She pouts, acting as if they're teasing her, gently punching Hoseok's arm. Aunt Gretta offers to give the eight of them a lift to the party, and Bts obviously decline, the nine of them heading off. Since they can't teleport there, they end up just taking the bus.

"So how's work going?" Yoongi inquires, making small talk on the journey, Y/n sighs lamenting, "exhausting, it was already bad, now Eddie is being even worse than before."

Jungkook once again mentions, "You should just quit, they don't treat you right there, I'm serious, cut your losses." Y/n sighs, explaining yet again, "I can't, I really need this job, anyway where else would hire someone like me? At least I'll get a good bonus from all the overtime Eddie has been giving me."