Demons?

I regained my strength and swim to the nearest riverbank. Thankfully, I am not a Devil Fruit eater. If I am a Devil Fruit eater, I'll be long gone before I realized that I am in a bottom of a lake. As soon I get up on the river bank, I gasped for air. I've fallen pretty deep; it's harsh to say the least. The unluckiest things that happened to me are that I lost my bottle of sake in the lake. Damn it all!

I take off my haori and my yukata . I made a campfire to keep my body temperature steady. To be honest to myself, I've had worse than this. I lay myself upon a tree, thinking where could've I go from the cave to this forest with a thick fog. My head is full of thoughts, maybe it is all just a dream. But can I drown in my own dream? I'm saving all of those questions for next time, I'm sleepy. The atmosphere of this calm forest plus the thick fog making me sleepier. Before I knew it, I already asleep. Snoring like crazy. After all, its just some sleep, what could go wrong?

As soon as Zoro fast asleep, the surrounding atmosphere got colder. The full moon shines throughout the dark forest. A perfect day for demons to go hunting, for human meat. Or so that was this two demons think. On that night, they see a fresh meat sleeping under a tree. They have been hunting for a few hours, but they still didn't find a prey. It's all because of the rumours about demons infesting a village at midnight near the forest that they currently living in.

Because of those rumours, their food source becomes scarce. It is pretty rare for someone could pass through here. Their dinner is just sleeping down there, it makes them drool. It has been a week since they eat any humans. Well, it looks like tonight's going to be the last night for them to live.

"Finally, after hours of searching, we have found ourselves a nice meal." A skinny demon says, with his mouth drooling with saliva. He is shirtless, with a black pants and a pair of sandals.

"Sorry but he is my prey, I found him first. Go away before beat you to pulp, Jin." A muscular demon behind him said in an annoying tone. The demon named Jin crack his neck before looking back. His smile turns into a frown. "Who said that you can have that guy all by yourself huh, Kuro?" Jin answered. This is a battle of survival; demons must eat humans to survive.

Jin left his position and stretches his claw to kill Kuro, which is impossible since demon can only be killed by a demon slayer or sun. Kuro counters by launching a kick towards Jin's claw. They clashed together creating a tense atmosphere around them. Those two demons were hungry, they don't want to waste time fighting each other because those two doesn't have that many energy left. For demons to replenish their energy, they need to eat at least one human.

Jin suddenly dashes toward Zoro with his claw. "First come, first serve!" Jin pounces over Zoro, he is drooling with saliva. He open his mouth, showing his sharp teeth to take a bite out of Zoro. Kuro was caught off guard with Jin's action. Usually, Jin never makes a bold move like this. It must be Jin's hunger that makes him think rashly. Kuro guess that Jin must be getting pretty desperate.

Kuro dashed toward Jin, chasing Jin from the back. He tried to prevent Jin from touching his prey. He is furious with Jin's cunning trick. Once he gets that sly bastard, he'll beat Jin until he knows not to mess with him. Even if he wants to kill Jin, it's impossible. Demons can't kill each other, except the Twelve Moon and their leader, Kibutsuji Muzan.

As they race towards their 'prey', wanting to get a bite of him. Kuro sees three blades beside the man. The man has a scar on his left eye and a green hair. It is very rare to find a man with that colour of hair, is he a demon slayer? "Wait, Jin! Don't go any closer to him, he's a demon slayer!" Kuro warn his rival. He knows if they stumbled upon a Hashira, it will be the last day for him to admire the moon. He needs to be cautious, if this man is a high-ranked demon slayer, he needs Jin's help to retreat.

Jin ignored his rival's warning; he thought that it was all just a bluff. Maybe Kuro wants to trick him into believing in his rival's lies. Even if that man is a demon slayer, he could kill him easily because Jin is a candidate to become one of the Twelve Moons. But as Jin took a step closer towards Zoro, he could felt a menacing aura surrounding Zoro. Is this man really is sleeping? "Yare-yare daze, give me a break. I'm just trying to get some sleep here." Zoro opened Jin's eyes; his eyes stare through Jin's soul. Jin froze in fear; a mere human is making him trembling in fear. Is this man even a human at the slightest? Zoro stood up to him, with a sword in his hand."Well, that doesn't matter anymore right now, who are you? Are you going to show me direction to the nearest village or something?" Zoro asked the young demon, hoping to get some answers from him. Jin is left with confusion around his head, is this man really thought him for a random stranger? A normal person will run away soon as they saw Jin or Kuro. Did this man have few loose screws in his head? Jin replied with a serious look on his face. His eyes were fixed on that man's sword. It's not a Nichirin sword? Jin's face changed, he confident that the man cannot do anything to him. He pounces to Zoro, wanting to kill him. "Seems not like it." Zoro continued. As soon as Jin launched his attack, Zoro sheathed his sword blocking Jin's razor claws. Jin proceeds to launch another claw attack, but parried by Zoro's sword. Zoro slashes Jin's torso with a right swing of his hand. "Arghh!" Jin screamed and moved back, but Zoro didn't let him. Zoro continued with two more slashes to the stomach and Jin's ankle. It rendered him immobile. Even though Zoro's sword is not that kind of Nichirin's, it still a sharp and excellent sword. The one that cut through flesh easily. Zoro is a bit surprised that Jin stands up like nothing happened. The wounds that inflicted to Jin healed instantly. Jin grinned before cockily said, "If you think you can beat me with that, you're wrong. I'm a demon, I'm immortal! The only thing that can stop me is by beheading me, and sunlight!" He declares. Zoro smiled back before replying, "How nice of you to tell me your weaknesess."

"Ittoryu Iai, Shishi Sonson!" Zoro yelled. Before Jin knows it, his vision is upside down. He's decapitated. Jin thought that because of Zoro's black blade is not a Nichirin he'll survive, he was wrong. Confronting this man is same as stepping on a tiger's tail. His life flashed before his eyes, he hoped that he will be a good man in the next life.

Kuro is running for his life. He knew that Zoro is dangerous, killing a demon who was a candidate in becoming a lower moon in a single slash. He don't want to die this quick. His objective after become a demon is to live as an immortal while climbing the ranks. But after he met Zoro, his sole goal is to only survive.

"Running away already? Man, you were the one who attacked me earlier. I thought you guys are a bit challenging." Zoro grinned. His devilish grin outclassed the demons itself. The look on his eye give Kuro chills.

Zoro sheathed his blade again, ready for the next strike. Kuro run as fast as he can. Something's wrong, why didn't the slayer catch up to him? As Kuro look back, Zoro was in a weird stance. Ittoryu, Sanjuuroku Pondou Hoo!

A wave of energy that were made from the blade flying towards Kuro. Kuro tried to run faster because the slash is catching up to him. But it's pointless; the slash took a clean hit on his neck. Just like that, he's dead. His body start to turn into dust and blown by the air. His life ended just like that.

Zoro can't let his guard down easily, this forest might be full of this creatures. He needs to be careful. As Zoro took a stroll, he heard a woman screamed in fear. Guided by the sound, he was able to pinpoint the location of the scream. For the first time in the history, Zoro wasn't lost. In the forest full of thick fog, what does this world had in store for him?