Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I put on a blue coloured frock which flowed down to my knees as I twirled in front of the mirror.

I don't care if he doesn't like me.

I don't wanna live my life knowing that I didn't confess.

Whatever his answer is I will be ok with it.

I spent the entire night explaining everything to Charlin.

I wanted to leave. I wanted a new start to my life. Somewhere where I can be whoever I want. My graduation was in a week and then I would be free, free from this toxic environment. I found a place near the beach, a penthouse owned by an old couple, when I asked them for the rent they were kind enough to lower it to less than half of its actual value, all they wanted in return was for someone to make use of the house well because it held their grandchildren's memories. So I booked...I had saved a lot of money from working part-time jobs and doing things here and there.

I wanted Jungkook to come with me. There were three rooms enough for the both of us. And Jungkook would finally get to pursue photography, there was a major photography college there.

The only problem was...how would I get into the company party.

The typical movie cliche methods would not work.

I stood in front of the security line as I thought of an excuse.

"Ma'am, may I see your invitation?" The guard asked as I shivered in nervousness.

"I am Mr Jungkook's butler, I have just been hired by Mrs Jeon, so I don't have an invitation"

"Ma'am I can't let you in without the invitation, you are not even on the guest list, I will have to give a call to Mrs Jeon," He says as he pulls out his phone from his coat pocket.

"Wait do-you really-wanna call her, you know how angry Mrs Jeon gets when things go out of schedule, you are married, how would you support your family if you lose this job," I say as I eye the ring on his finger.

He hesitates for a while but then lets me in.

This is my worst nightmare.

Rich people everywhere.

People judging me everywhere.

"Well, no one said this was going to be easy" I mumble as I try to look for Jungkook.

The party was going to come to an end and the only people entering now were family members and friends.

Still no sign of Jungkook.

The spotlight goes to the stage as Jungkook and his family are standing on the stage.

"Thank you, everyone, for all your well wishes for our company, do enjoy yourself tonight, we will be leaving for Paris today night due to urgent company matters."

I could see how bored and hurt Jungkook looked, he didn't want to do any of this.

I just hoped I was right.

As the family got down slowly the hall started getting emptier and emptier until only Jungkook and his family were there.

I was hiding behind a pillar waiting to seize the opportunity. Suddenly his older brother saw me as I tried to move a bit back so he couldnt see me.

"Now or never" I whisper as I run.

I got on stage as I held the mic in my hand.

"Hi--

I blabbered out as everyone looked at me.

Jungkook looked shocked.

"I am Jungkook's friend and I wanted to say a few things...Mr Jeon its a pleasure meeting you, but may I ask you did you ever ask Jungkook if he wanted to go into business...did you ever ask him if he had any other hobbies which he wanted to pursue...Jungkook is one of the most realistic and ethereal people I have met in my life. He hides so much under that smile. I understand his pain. I went through it myself. But I decided that people can't use me for their own benefits...I wanna do something that I love."

I stop for a minute as I look at his family.

Tears are flowing down Jungkook's cheek as I give him a shy smile.

"I don't know you well Jeon Jungkook, But I think I know you enough to say that I love you. You're amazing and perfect just the way you are. I love everything about you.

I put the mic on the stage as I walk to him..

"Wanna run away?" I ask him as he nods while wiping his tears.

His dad grips onto his hand as Jimin pulls his dad towards him...

"Go Jungkook, run, The guards will take time to reach you, I'll hold them off" Jungkook smiles tenderly at his brother as he holds my hand as we run.

"You are full of surprises Mi-sun" He shouts as I laugh.

Two young men were standing near the doorway, both of them motioning us to go faster. My gut somehow told me that these young men are here to help us escape.

I pull Jungkook harder, his eyes widen when he sees the two men close the door behind us.

"Hurry, we'll get you out of this place in no time, but we better hurry up." One of them, that's looked almost similar to the other one. Maybe they are twins...

I snap out of my mind, focusing on how we're going to escape. I'm sure the guards will come pretty quick to look for us. Both men open the door of a black large car, Jungkook suspiciously looked at both of the men. But we have seconds left before guards catch us. Either we leave with these men or we get caught, Jimin helped us a bit, but it won't last long enough. I tug Jungkook's arm, my pleading eyes telling him that we should enter the car. It's our only hope.

Jungkook absorb the way my eyes looked right at him. He bites his lip, choosing to pick my decision

"Let's go." 

@Phoenix_Kathy  X  @123Yessie987 

Epilogue coming soon...A huge thanks to @123Yessie987 for writing this book with me...I am so grateful to her..