Chapter 10

Was it okay for Yoongi to be nervous?

Was it cool for him to be stress cleaning last minute?

You said you were on your way with a quick text exactly three minutes ago, and thus had set the man into a gradual cycle of panic.

Awareness:

You were coming over.

You were actually coming over.

It's not like it was the first time that you were coming over to his house, already having done so many times while you guys were in university. But Yoongi had moved since then, It had been years since then, people had changed since then.

Speaking of change, did he remember to change the cushion covers from last week?

2. Panic:

Tae had spilled barbeque sauce from his burger onto them last week, and the weird stain had not come out since.

WAIT- did he already vacuum today?

OH MY GOD - he foRGOT

3. Denial:

What? Nervous? No way. Min yoongi wasn't nervous, if anything he didn't want to give you a chance to catch him vulnerable.

And the effects of Taehyung's whole existence left a big red stamp of 'Hey! Over here! I'm #Vulnerable' on his forehead.

There's no way Yoongi was actually stressed because you were coming! He's like this with everyone

4. Realization:

But only he wasN'T LIKE THIS WITH EVERYONE,

Last week one of his Hyung's friends had come over and he hadn't even batted an eyelash. So it was yOU!

If you find even one stain on his anyTHING?!?!? You're never going to let it GO. HE'S NERVOUS BECAUSE OF Y-

ding!!

The door.

Oh no. Oh no.

Oh no no no no no no no no nononononononono.

You're here. Okay he's walking to the door.

ANd It's gonna be okay Yoongi it's all gonna be okay, you weren't gonna notice the ominous green coloured blob on the front wall.

"Hi! No- Nice to meet you! God, Yoongi you idiot, You've already met her!-"

Knock Knock!

"Uh- Yes! One second, Jus- The door- Hi,"

You looked up at him meeting his gaze, "Hey,"

"Uh I hope you found the place okay!...??" The words were leaving his mouth before his brain could even register them.

"Yeah, no, It was easy to find. A lot easier than your place in uni, which by the way I drove past last week, did you know the hotdog cart-" You stopped your rambling to find Yoongi's eyes fixed on you, almost in longing. "Uh sorry my bad. Can I um, maybe-" You gestured to the room behind him.

His eyes widen in realization, and he lets you step inside,
"Oh Yeah, Of course please come in, You can take your shoes off, there are some slippers by the fish tank on your left,"

Whenever his mind went forward and wandered on his own, the feeling of nostalgia always hit him hard, just the way it was hitting him now. He didn't know what to do with himself in moments like those, feeling absolutely hopeless, just like the past.