81-100

The Marriage of an Esteemed Supreme Healer, a Noble Ruler - Chapter 81 - Phoenix Restaurant - BoxNovel
Knock knock…

Knocks could be heard coming from the door.

Zhao Ming went forward to open it and saw an unfamiliar face.

The person was wearing clothes made of cotton and looked like a pageboy. One look at his sly-looking appearance made people unhappy.

“You are?”

The person didn’t seem to expect that Zhao Ming would be the one who opened the door. Upon seeing the imperial guard garb Zhao Ming wore, the person reacted and weirdly said, “Oh, I thought you were someone else. It’s you, Official Imperial Guard.”

Zhao Ming’s brows knitted, and his intuition told him that the incoming person had ill intentions. He hollered in a deep voice, “Speak if you have something to do. If not, get lost.” He gestured to close the door as he talked.

“Aish… don’t be anxious! Of course, I came here to do something.” The man hurriedly went forward and blocked Zhao Ming’s path, taking the chance to look into the residence as if he was looking for something.

“Don’t blame me for being ruthless if you don’t leave,” said Zhao Ming as he grabbed the person’s wrist and harshly pushed him out.

The pageboy staggered backward and fell onto the floor. He clenched his teeth in agony, and anger rushed up to his chest. “Do you know who I am? How dare you push me? I’m with the Chu family.”

Zhao Ming’s anger turned into laughter once he heard the pageboy’s words. The Chu family is simply asking for a beating when they come here.

“You…”

“Chu Liuyue lives here, right? This place looks so plain and bare. Pui!” The pageboy climbed up and became even more arrogant. “Didn’t she say that she was holding a celebratory banquet today? Tsk tsk, why isn’t anyone here yet? It’s so quiet.”

“It’s not quiet at all with a lost dog barking wildly.” A cold woman’s voice sounded.

Chu Liuyue and Chu Ning heard the commotion and walked over.

Zhao Ming hurriedly said, “Commander, Big Missy, this person came here to stir trouble. I’ll chase him away right now.”

Chu Liuyue raised her hand and looked at the pageboy with much interest. “Why? Is the Chu family so useless that they don’t even dare to come themselves?”

The pageboy’s face flushed red. “Who are you calling a dog?”

Chu Liuyue shrugged her shoulders. “Whoever is the one barking.”

The pageboy was stumped. His eyes turned, and he laughed coldly. “Hmph, didn’t you say you were holding a banquet yesterday? It’s already so late, yet both of you are still at home. Oh no… Could it be that you don’t have a place to hold the banquet? Do you intend to host your guests in such a rotten mansion? No, I think nobody would even come. Hahaha!”

Chu Ning’s face darkened. “I think you don’t want your mouth anymore.”

A chill ran down the pageboy’s spine as he backed away in fear.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)
I heard that Chu Ning has already recovered his stage-five warrior cultivation, and his aura is indeed different. However… so what? Nobody dares to do business with this father-daughter duo in the entire Imperial City. They don’t even have a restaurant that is willing to host them.