Chapter 2

Niall's POV:

I had been in the my new school for two weeks now and I have already made two best friends. Charlie and Sharnah. They are so kind, friendly, loving and do know how to make me laugh! Hayley, Janet and Charlie's friend jack have also become really close to me. I am in the same History, Geography, English and Drama classes as Sharnah. Her over the top acting gets the whole class laughing, this is really cute.

I am very fortunate to be in the rest of the classes with Charlie. Whenever her pale cheeks redden in embarrassment, it seems to make my heart flutter. All the boys aren't interested in her, they think she is strange, weird. I don't understand why. She is one of the most beautiful and perfect girls in the world. Charlie has her little quirks but this makes her even more adorable. Yes, I see how boys' eyes fall onto Sharnah, because of her pretty face and lovable personality.  I cant believe I am smiling over TWO girls that I have only know for two weeks. I think I love them both. This isn't very good. I remember Sharnah telling me something on Monday.

*Flashback of last Monday* 

I was heading out the back gates with Sharnah, she started doing a weird dance out of the school. "What ARE you doing!?" I laughed as she bounded into the air and clicked her heels together in mid-jump.

"My celebratory end of school dance" she giggled, as she spun onto the pavement. She now stopped and while breathing heavily, ran her hand through her mousy brown locks. Her hazel eyes, locked on me as I walked towards her. When I took her hand to walk down the pavement she looked at the ground. "Are you okay?" I asked concerned as we crossed the road.

"I don't know.. I just.. I.. dunno.." she trailed off.

I squeezed her hand. She carried on looking down at the pavement. I was patient and waited for a response. Once we reached the Kiln bridge by the canal. I took her under it and I rested on it's wall. "Now, tell me. What's wrong?" This time her watery eyes looked up into my clear blue ones. My left hand was still entwined with her right, with my right hand I pulled her forearm towards me and hugged her hard. "Tell me, love." I breathed in her sweet perfume. I felt her eyelash flutter on my neck.

"Charlie l-likes you," she sobbed. "Sh-she told me yesterday. I don't want to t-tell her, but.." She fell to to the floor with her hands covering her eyes, crying harder.

I dropped to the floor and rubbed my hands on her shoulders. "But..?" I asked politely.

"But I love you too." Her face was still hidden under her delicate hands. I kissed her forehead gently and I then cupped her chin and raised it in level with mine.

"You're scared about something." I stated.

She nodded her head, "I was planning on telling her in our conversation that I was going to ask you out. She beat me to it. She's only had one boyfriend and i don't want to ruin her chances of being with you."

Her eyes were filled with sadness and confusion, I had no idea what to do. I felt like I needed her to be protected by me. I felt like I needed her too. I rested my forehead on hers and rubbed her nose with mine. "Sharnah." I whispered.

"Niall.." she replied. I lifted her chin and then it happened. I pushed my lips delicately on hers and she moulded hers into mine. I stroked her cheek with my thumb and pressed into her further. I then pulled away. "Don't worry. Everything is sorted over time." She smiled, with damp, red eyes.

*End of flashback*

I think I have fallen for Sharnah.