Annual Picnic

💙

" Are you riding with me or nah ? " Denise asked her friend , Shania . She was talking about the annual Hood Nic in Dumas .
" Uh , I don't think I can go anymore , " Shania said .
Denise rolled her eyes out of frustration , & told her friend that she would talk to her later on .
She was in the middle of choosing her outfit when her phone started ringing with an annoying tone , signaling she was getting a video call .
Denise walked to her phone , & looked at it . When she saw who it was , she almost shitted bricks 😳💩
It was Lamar , her first lover . And , as in lover , I mean , her first everything . Not like that , though . 😏
She fluffed her hair & looked in her bedside mirror before she picked her phone up & answered .
She tried to release the heat from her cheeks & make it seem like she was unfazed by his sudden call , but , Mother Nature wasn't working in her favor . 😩
When the call finally connected , all she saw was a brown space . She scrunched her face up , & thought , What the hell is this ?
She was about to hang up when she saw him .
His bright skin & full pink lips 👄 . His thick but straightened eyebrows 🙌 . His crooked but absolutely astonishing smile . 😄
The heat immediately rushed back to her cheeks .
He didn't speak & neither did she , they just sat there staring at one another . 👀
Then , Denise's defense mechanism kicked back in after too long .
" Well , hello to you too , " Denise said with a roll of her eyes & an attitude .
He laughs . " Hey , girl ."
" What you want , Lamar ? "
" What ? A nigga can't hit up his baby for a small talk ? " Lamar asked before disconnecting his screen .
Denise smacked her lips & laid her phone back on her bed .
She walked back over to her closet & started throwing clothes around .
" Hello ? " Lamar slick shouted when his face popped back up on the screen .
" That's why you can't hit a girl up for small talk . Cause you always small talkin wit' yo' thotties , " Denise retorted from her closet . 😒
" What are you talking about ? Look , you know what ... All I wanted to ask was will you be at the Hood Nic ? " Lamar asked with just as much attitude as she .
" Uh , why you all up in my business ? If I was going to be there , why would I tell you ? "
" Girl , you know you wanna see a nigga when I pull through , so quit all that frontin' . "
" Uh , no , baby , don't do that . & for your information , I will be there . Goodbye . " 👋
Denise clicked that End button so fast on her phone , she almost cracked the screen . 😳
" Can't stand his ass , " Denise mumbled under her breath . 😒

🍴🍻 Hood Nic Morning 🍻🍴
That morning , Denise woke up with a pounding headache . She walked into her bathroom , & immediately went for the bottle of Aspirin behind her mirror . She started rubbing her temples before she stripped of her night clothes & got into the shower . 🚿
Denise made sure to wash her body completely , refreshing her body with the warm water & replacing her stress with new energy .
She hopped out & walked into her room before grabbing a towel to dry off .
She walked to her closet & pulled the hanger with her outfit out & threw it onto the bed . 😐
She had chosen a mint green skirt , a grey spaghetti strap tank top , a blue jean mini jacket , & some brown sandals (visual in media ) . She added a two piece necklace & a brown Michael Kors purse for accessories .
Denise dried off & started with her undergarments 👙 .
She massaged her legs with lotion before slipping the skirt over her legs & thighs . She rubbed her deodorant under her arms before sliding the tank top over her shoulder & abs . She slid her feet into the sandals before walking into the bathroom to start on her hair .
Denise knew it was going to be hot , going to be a lot of hugging , going to be a lot of fun , so she decided to be simple . She twisted her hair up on the sides & pulled all of her hair up into a mid ponytail . 😊
She rubbed Baby Lips Dr . Rescue onto her lips & applied a small amount of mascara .
Denise walked out of her room down to the front room & saw that her brothers were already ready .
" Y'all waitin on me ? " Denise questioned ? 😳
" Uh , yeah , " her brother Caleb said before walking back into the kitchen & rolling his eyes .
" Boy ... " Denise rolled her eyes & walked back into her room .
She sat on the bed & answered a few text messages before the shouting started .
" Denise , bring yo ass on if you wanna be on time , " her mother shouted from the living room .
Denise scrunched her face up & grabbed her jacket & her purse .
She walked down the stairs as she slipped the jacket over her shoulders .