Three Months

*Ricks p.o.v*

I woke up from another nightmare about Lori. I sighed as it's been three months since Lori died. I sighed and stood up stretching. I walked outside to get some fresh air  and I took in a deep breath. It was a beautiful day and I felt the anger build up inside me.

It shouldn't be beautiful. It should be sad, Lori had died and she was the sunshine. She was that missing puzzle piece now. I heard something behind me and I shot up. I turned to see it was Carol. She gave me a smile.

"You scared me Carol." I sighed as I stood to meet her, "I thought a walker had gotten in..." I mumbled the last part underneath my breath as she walked to meet me. She smiled brightly, "Can you and Daryl go out on a run today?" She asked. I sighed and she continued, "I know you need some time outside after Lori. It'll be good for you."

_______________________________________________________________

I grabbed a pistol and two knives while Daryl grabbed a knife and his cross bow. He looked up and nodded signal ling that he was ready to go. We yelled to the others before leaving the prison and passing through the gates. Daryl was mumbling to himself underneath his breath, things like, "I don't know why I had to go..." or "This is stupid". Normal things he mumbles when he's forced to go out on runs. We walked around for for almost an hour before finding an old store. It had a sign that read 'Quick Stop'. I smirked and run up. I got my pistol ready and Daryl had his cross bow ready behind me. We opened the door and looked around. There were two walkers inside so Daryl ran in and stuck his knife in one of their heads while I shot the other. He nodded and we searched for food. About 25 minutes later we walked out with 3 bottles of water, a box of moon cakes, and some chips. This is the most we've found in weeks. We piled everything into a bag we had brought and headed back.

Daryl started mumbling and grumbling on the way back.

"What was that?" I spoke up.

"I said." He said anger stinging his voice. "Why didn't we just bring the stupid car?"

I shrugged and he trugged along. I looked over at him and saw that his eyes were filled with pain.

"Daryl? You okay there?" I asked concerned for my friend.

He looked up sadness in his eyes.

"Woah Daryl, if you're that upset, we'll bring the car next time okay?" I said. He sighed, "It's not that..." I cocked an eyebrow confused.

"Then-?" I tried to continue, but Daryl cut me off.

"Rick. I want to help you...your so broken up about Lori. But you don't see Rick!! You don't see that I'm here for you! I'm here! I've always been here! When Lori wouldn't love you, I wanted to give you love! But you never let me love you Rick!! Why!!" He screamed and I stared blankly.

"Daryl....i-is that....is that real-" I looked and we were approaching the prison. I sighed and walked in setting the sack in a safe area where Carl wouldn't eat everything.

I went into the quietest part of the prison and sat down near a window. I sighed and thought about what Daryl had said. What did he mean by I never let him love me? Daryl is like a brother to me, that's love, right?

Right?