Part 2 - Lost, Not Gone

"Nathan Drake, we have a proposition for you."

Victor grinned and then turned to Ramona. "I see you've already met my daughter."

"Told you it would work," she told him matter of factly.  

"Your daughter?" Nate looked between the two, noticing the lack of resemblance. She took after her mom more. 

"Yup - during a venture to South America, Victor here met a Mexican woman which turned into a whirlwind romance and I am the result."

Nate blinked back. "Oh, wow, thanks for sharing..."

"And now here we are." She opened her arms for added affect, as if to say 'ta-da!'

"Yes," agreed Victor, still looking at Nate.  "So kid, why the map?"

"Huh?"

"Of all the valuable things in here, the map caught your eye first."

"Oh, well, it's classic history: Ferdinand Magellan. It's the path he took to sail around the world." 

"You know your history."

Nate gave a little shrug. "I dabble."

"Well then you'd probably know that the rumoured Magellan treasure in today's value is five billion easy. Even the ships themselves, crazy value."

"Yeah - the biggest treasure that's never been found."

"We're going after it."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, you in?"

"What?"

"There's an auction this weekend, the  cross is the next piece of the puzzle, the next step to finding the treasure. We could use someone sneaky like you."

"Hey, I'm already sneaky!" put in Ramona. "I nabbed that bracelet didn't I?"

"Yeah, speaking of that, that's really the only reason why I'm here."

"It's not even yours."

Nate gave yet another shrug. "Finder's keepers."

"More like stealer's keepers. Still losers weepers though."

"Sam said you would," Victor continued. 

This did the trick, caught his attention, just as Victor knew it would. Now Nate whirled around to face him. "Wait, you know my brother Sam?"

"We've crossed paths."

"He told you about the treasure?"

"We were both interested in testing whether the rumour is just that a rumour, or something else entirely..."

"He  used to say that if something is lost, it can still be found, but if something's gone, then it's gone for good."

"Well, lucky for us then they only talk about Magellan's ship being lost," said Ramona. 

"Yeah." Victor was grinning again. "Lucky for us. I've been after this a long time."

"Me too," Nate said, reminiscent. 

"So you in then?" Victor asked again.

"Hmmm." Nate hummed.  "I'll think about it. I'm just here for the bracelet. Ooo, that looks valuable-" He stuffed a small statue from Victor's desk into his backpack as well. "Well, it was lovely meeting you both, charming. But now I will bid you good night." With a cheeky little wave, and his backpack full, he left the apartment and headed back out into the New York night. 

"You really think he'll go for it?" she asked her dad.

"If anyone can convince him, it's Sam."

"We really need him?" she posed her case again.

"We're not the only one's after this, so we can use all the help we can get. Besides, Sam said if anyone could find it, it's his brother."

"This Sam really did a number on you, huh."

"He did."

It wasn't that she had anything against the crafty Nate Drake coming along for the journey,  it was just, well, she had kind of been hoping this would be a her and Dad sort of thing. A bonding exercise if you will. Hey, they said great adventure could bring people together. She recalled Nate's words, words that he himself had recalled from his brother: "He used to say that if something is lost, it can still be found, but if something's gone, then it's gone for good..." She hadn't thought about it in that way before. For most of her life, she'd thought of her dad as gone, but he wasn't really, he had been lost, and now she had found him again.

Well, sort of. He was still a pretty unfamiliar guy, but her biological father nonetheless. 

They said great adventure could bring people together...

Great adventure indeed, as they would very soon find out. And, okay, yes, the bringing people together part too. 

-------------------------------

The next morning, when Ramona awoke, her Dad was in the kitchen with some exciting news.

"Check it out." He handed her his phone showing a text from an unfamiliar number from late last night. Nate.

Victor grinned. "He's in."

This was it, they were doing it. 

(Wow, so many reads already! Thank you so much! :D I've only seen the movie once so I'm going a lot on memory, so bear with me!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))