November 6th 2022

"I'm going to work." My Mom yelled trying to get my attention. "Okay, Mom" I answer back. It was 12:30 the time my Mom goes to work and the time she gets home is 5:30 which means 5 hours of game time. Lying on bed next to my dog Sal I noticed I have 30 minutes before the game officially goes online or that's what I think. I'm just glad I got one of the ten thousand copies of Sword Art Online. I stare at the blank ceiling thinking what this game would be like. What monsters there are, what kind of people are going to be there. I have a feeling it's going to be a totally different world.

By the time I snap out of my daze it was about 12:40. I sat up and swung my legs over so that my feet were on the floor. I grabbed the NerveGear and started to get it hooked up. When trying to set everything up I hit my foot on the side of my bed. I yelled out in pain. The stinging pain would not stop. After a few seconds it slowly started to leave my foot so I continued plugging everything in. I placed the NerveGear on my head so my ears weren't folded. I strapped the NerveGear on and turned it on. After doing the start up sequence it, asked me to do a calibration sequence. I get that it's a NerveGear and it has to check my head but what does it have to do with my body. I did it anyways so something bad wouldn't happen while I had the NerveGear on.

This was the first time going into a virtual world so for a moment paranoia hit me and thoughts rushed through my head, 'what if I can't logout of the game, what if I'm stuck there forever, what if the game shuts down with me in it, or what if there's a bug.' No! I won't let fear get to me! I looked at the time on my watch, it was 12:57. I started to get excited for a minute until the horrors came flooding back to my head. I moved into a more comfortable position to that I would be laying straight on my back. My heart was beating faster and faster each second. I checked my watch again to see it was 2 minute before the game launch. Sal got off my tiny bed leaving itchy fur behind and went to laid on the floor beside me. I saw at the corner of my eye of the NerveGear that there was clock. Why didn't I see that before. The time was 12:59 I couldn't wait to get started on the game. The time changed to 1:00 then I said "Link Start!"

I saw white as my world slipped away. A bunch of 'Ok' circles in front of my eyes and the for a brief moment I felt a hand as though someone grabbed onto me. I felt as if I were a streak of light coming down from heaven except I'm not an angel and I never died. I fell face first into the ground. I rubbed my head as I started to hear a soft beeping noise in my ear and my vision was a little blurry: An Avatar customizer came on the screen. I was so amazed by all the options on the screen.

  I made myself a little bit taller so that way I looked better, I put my hair the same color as my real hair a burgundy color and put my hair around shoulder height so that way it wouldn't get in my face.  When I finished customizing my character a little screen showed a little square that said to type in your name. I didn't want to choose my name because it's hard to pronounce so I choose a simple name. I thought for a moment the square started to flash. I typed the first name that came to mind. After a flash of white came and moved me so that I was in the actual game.

I landed in a stadium or at least the place where everyone begins. I noticed my clothes changed to the game style. I had a green short sleeve shirt with a brown vest. My skirt green, I was lucky to have modesty shorts under and I also had finger-less gloves. My shoes were short boots that were brown. I looked around to see people popping all over the place. I decided it was better if I left before more people show up and I can't get through.

About four hours past and I was tired from walking around so much. I fell on my back onto soft grass. I was out of the town and into the grass lands. At least that's what I think. I looked at the sky and watched the clouds pass by until something was blocking my view or was it someone?
"laying on the grass at this time. Isn't this game a hunting game, your so weird." A soft voice said. I couldn't see her face because of the digital sun. She bent over closer to my face so I can see her better. I guess she knew I couldn't see. She had long light blue hair but she was a couple feet taller than me and had a big smile on her face. She moved so she was in front of me and I sat up, Her smile grew wider and she said in a soft voice
"My name is Lia, what's yours?" She smiled.
"Um... My name is Bly, do you know your way around here?" I asked politely.
"No. I'm sorry, I'm not a Beta Tester." She sighed turning her head away.
"That's okay. I was just asking." I smiled back at her.
"Well I guess we will have to figure it out together." I said getting up. I knew there was something to practice with, like an animal or a tree or at least something.
"You mean it!" She said happily. Her face lit up as she began walking farther away from the town.
"Where are you going?" I asked. "Just to look around to see if there is anything to practice with." She said looking both ways and then ran a certain way.
"Where are you going?" I asked again running after her. She just kept running the direction.