Stuck in a bird's cage

Finally, I had time to boot up Genshin Impact. I recently had been too busy to play any games but now that I have some spare time, I decided to play Genshin. I've missed quite a few daily commissions and I didn't really bother to maximize my resin usage that much. My player character loaded into the game and to my surprise I loaded into Monstadt city... I'm pretty sure I logged out when I was in Liyue but maybe I'm remembering wrong. It had been quite awhile ago since I previously logged on, oh well it's not like it matters that much as long as I still have my precious items.

I checked the paimon mail for any free primogems I could claim... uh why do I have mail from Venti, I don't even have him unlocked! I hesitated to open the mail in case it was malicious but i haven't heard anything about any bad mail in the official Genshin forum so it should be ok right? The curiosity got the better of me as I clicked on the mail to open it.

"Hello Y/N! It's your favorite bard writing to you! It seems you haven't visited for a long time... come back, I miss you so much my muse. And since I am such an awesome bard, I helped you do your daily commissions free of charge! But if you want you can give me a lil something for my efforts. Anyways I hope you like what I gathered and when you have time, come visit me at the Angel's Share!

- From your beloved bard, Venti 💚"

What an odd mail to send out to players... and the crossed out parts are unreadable! Oh well free stuff is free stuff, right?

I claimed the rewards and checked if today's commissions were already done, to no surprise they weren't, it's not like I have anything better to do so I'm getting to it before I visit Venti at the bar... Just to see if I get any special dialogue from him.

I checked where my commissions were located and they were all located around Monstadt. I usually get a mix where they spawn randomly, so I go to check my quest book and the commissions are set to only appear in Monstadt! I swear I've never even touched that option, this is getting weirder by the clock. I turned it back for it to respawn randomly again so next time I would need to go to other regions.

It took a bit but I finished all of my commissions and used all of my resin on the ley lines around Monstadt. I didn't feel like doing any world bosses today. It was time to go claim my primogems and head to the Angel's Share before I log out for the night.

I got the primogems and ascension materials from Katheryne and I was ready to meet Venti. I had to check the map of where the bar was located since it's been awhile since I last visited there but since Monstadt was such a small city I did eventually find Angel's Share. It had already become so late that the sun was setting and going down, I could technically change it but people usually go to bars later in the day anyways.

I opened the door and entered the bar, I could instantly see a green clad bard drinking away in front of the bar table and Diluc was behind the bar mixing drinks. I went to Venti to interact with him but as I did so, my character suddenly took a seat next to him without me pressing anything.

"You made me wait quite awhile, the sun is already going down..." Venti's voice came from the screen, so is this voice acted? Then it must be a surprise event of some sort! But I think my game was bugged cause there was no choice to be made of what the player character would say.... The answer options were both blank, I guess I'll just choose blindly and just click on a blank one.

"No words? That's alright, I'll hear your voice soon enough ehe! Why don't we both take one shot each as a welcome back, of course it's on me!'' Venti said as he waited for my player character to choose something to say but instead of multiple choices I only had one this time! Such a weird event to put into the game... And hasn't he heard the traveler's voice already anyway?