Chapter 12 (3-12-2022)

"The world you are in right now, isn't Minecraft the game. You see this world, this universe is a completely separate dimension, a different universe from your own. The physics and laws that govern this world are unlike anything you've seen before. However, we are connected.

Notch and I have been building this universe for many thousands of centuries and through the years it's changed and grown. I am a god and so is he. We created this world and everything in it. Time flows here faster than your own but the bridge balances out just how fast it really is. The bridge distorts and alters time to make it appear that 20 minutes in your universe is a full day here. But it's actually much faster. A hundred years in this world could be only a few minutes in yours.

In the beginning, Notch was a very kind and caring soul who loved this world with everything he was. But one day, he discovered something. A new universe. I don't know how he did it, but somehow Notch found a way to make a bridge to your world and through that bridge he made contact with Markus Persson who was inspired by the Notch from my world to build a video game with a blocky theme. Eventually the game became very popular and with that bridge open, players were able to access our world and visit us! Notch and I were thrilled. Though we had the mobs and villagers, players were something so fresh and new and exciting. The more players we had, the stronger the bridge between our worlds became.

Eventually I decided to play a game on you all and became "the villain" of Minecraft. I scared players and messed with their worlds. It was so much fun! But eventually, popularity in the game dwindled. And soon my name faded away into memory and I stopped playing the villain. I was really fine with it. The change hardly bothered me at all. Sure I was sad but it didn't make me angry. The same could not be said for Notch.

Notch was terrified that the bridge between our worlds would lose its connection and we'd never see players again. He was scared. This world means so much to him. Out of fear, Notch slowly became more corrupted over the years. Slowly changing from kind to cruel. Anyone who entered our world would experience glitches and lags as a result of his fear and anger. He tried desperately to keep players from leaving but eventually, they all had to stop playing the game and log off.

So Notch came up with a plan. He wanted a way to keep players in this world permanently. A way to fully connect the universes and give complete access to all creatures! But as he grew to like the idea more, Notch discovered another reason to keep the bridge. If he could somehow access your world, maybe he could take it over and rule both! You see, the contact he made with Markus wasn't a physical one but more of a mental one. Like an idea popping into your head. Notch sent the idea of our world to Markus and showed him the possibilities. Soon, Minecraft was created. But that's all it was. An idea. If Notch could travel to your world, things could be much different.

As he grew to like the idea more and more, he realized I might get in his way, and he was right. I was trying to find a way to stop him so he began to steal my powers. I am no longer as equally powerful as Notch and can only perform so many creative mode things. Not only that, but in my efforts to stop him I discovered exactly what he was looking for. I discovered a way to access your world physically.

So I went there. And I began pulling players through who would agree to help me. But I soon discovered something terrible. Any player I fully pull through to this world, can still die. You see, our universe is governed by different laws than yours. We can all still respawn. We can die but we can't be killed. We are all nearly invisible. There is a finite amount of mobs that can exist at any given point including villagers. If they die for almost any reason, they can still come back the same. This was not the same for players. Instead, when a player died here…. They died in their world as well and could never return…

I didn't know this and I had built a whole army of hundreds of players to try and take down Notch only for them all to be killed and lost forever." Herobrine finally took a breath and a moment to think. You scoot closer and place your hand on his knee.

"It's not your fault. You didn't know." You try to reassure him.

"You're right. At the time I didn't know. But even after I learned the hard truth I still continued to bring people into my world and soon I even tried to find a way to keep them here forever. Some sort of way to transform them into my world forever. So that they could respawn."

"The Transformation Ritual…." You trail off as the realization hits you.

"I brought you here to help me. And I knew you were the best candidate because you had nothing to lose in your world. Notch will stop at nothing to gain control over both universes and we need to stop him! He's taken so much of my power but there is a way to stop him. You see, you in your current state, are a mere guest of this universe. You're still tethered to your world through the bridge. The Transformation Ritual will sever the ties you have to your world and transform you into a true Minecraftian. You'll belong to this universe. You'll be able to stay with me forever. After that, because you were not created by either me or Notch, you will gain God-like powers and together we will kill Notch!"

"But if you cannot die in this universe, how will we do that?" You ask confused.

"I said there is nearly no way to die here. But there is one way. The void. If you fall into the void then you will cease to exist and will not be able to respawn. I will turn you into a goddess and you and I will stop Notch before he tries to take over your world. What do you say!?"

You sit in silence for a moment before a question comes to you. "Am I just another "pet" to you?" Herobrine stares at you for a moment.

"I have been observing you for a long time now. Centuries even. Since you first joined the game. At first I was simply curious and this was early on before I found a way to bring people from your world into mine. But over the years I grew very fond of you. And as I watched through the screen I realized just how miserable you really were. By then I had already made the choice to never bring another player into this world but I couldn't help but wonder if you really were meant to live in your world. Your family never loved you. You have very few friends. You were alone and over the years I began to…. Love you." Your head shoots up and you stare into Herobrine’s eyes.

"I brought you here for several purposes. The first was to save you from your nightmare. The second was to give you all the love you deserved. And the third and very last reason I ever considered bringing you here was to save both our worlds. I hoped you would be the chosen one but I never let that be my only reason for bringing you here. If you couldn't help me, I could at least help you. Free you from your prison and give you a fresh start." Herorbine moves closer to you and takes both of your hands.

"Please, stay with me. But you don't have to fight if you don't want to. Let me love you here and protect you from all the bad people who hurt you. Stay with me and let's discover this world together! And if you choose to help me defeat Notch, it will be your choice… not mine." You look deep into Herobrine’s white eyes and can't help but listen to his words. It's true. Your family hated you your whole life. The only friends you had were online and even they had to log off eventually. This way you'd never have to stop playing. You could be a literal goddess of your fantasy world and live happily ever after with a highly attractive man who seems to genuinely care about you. You take another moment before pulling the Transformation Potion out of your inventory.

"Well," You show it to Herobrine. "It's a good thing I already made this then." He smiles. "Let's kick some pixelated ass."

Herobrine grabs your face and brings you close to his. He tenderly but passionately kisses you for several moments. You never had a boyfriend before and this was your first kiss. It feels amazing.

"You are so amazing. After everything that's happened to you, you're still a beautiful, kind, caring person. You never let your upbringing corrupt your soul and make you cold. Let's take Notch down so you and I can be together." You nod your head and hug Herobrine.