Licorice's POV

(another Author's Note: I headcanon licorice as half-european/french so there will be some things said in french. i put in parentheses what they mean.) i take off my hoodie showing only a black tanktop and scribbled bandages underneath along with my sweats and sit on the countertop.

"how long have these been on? and when was the last time you changed these out?" clover asked, examining the bandages closely and carefully.
"i changed them out two weeks ago." i reply, scratching my hands out of nervousness. clover nodded his head and began to unwrap the bandage wrap on my left arm.
"let me know if anything hurts or there's a spot that's painful, that way i'm extra careful and i don't hurt you."

i nod my head, still nervous. the old bandage wrap spirals down my lower shoulder area, all the way down to my elbow. nothing hurts so far, but the bandage wrap starts to unravel to the painful spot on my arm; my wrist. i wince in pain a little.
"im going to be careful, okay? i'll try my best to cause as little pain as possible. just take a deep breath, and close your eyes. it'll be slow and careful." clover spoke, looking at me with a calm and composed structure. i nod my head as clover slowly unwraps the bandage wrap. the first arm was done, and we do the same on the other one. clover puts the old bandage wrap in the small garbage can, then takes the towel and wets it with cold water.

"hand me your arm." clover spoke, holding the towel in one hand and the other hand facing out towards me.i slowly give him one arm as he wrapped the cold towel on my skin. i wince for a quick second, but it didn't hurt. it just felt cold and wet. he did the same thing with the other, and moved down to the wrists. i take a deep breath, knowing how much this'll hurt and close my eyes. it didn't hurt as much the first time, but it still hurt. clover opened the med kit and pulled out a roll of bandage wrap. he started wrapping one arm, and he had a look on his face that looked like he wanted to say something.

"i'm really proud of you." he said, with a tender smile on his face while still focusing on bandaging my arm. he finished one and he's on the other.
"what?" i ask, with a confused look on my face.
"i'm really proud of you for making this far, and it takes bravery and courage to over come self injury. you've been clean for 3 months, and i think that deserves recognition and celebration." he holds my bandaged hands and i look up with a confused smile.
"t-thanks... i didn't think you would be proud for something like this.."

"why wouldn't I? it's a good thing to celebrate things like these, even if they're small."
"yeah... i guess so..!" i jump off the counter giving clover another hug, and we walk back into the room. we set the blankets and pillows up nicely and just laid down staring at the ceiling.
"aren't you going to be going to sleep now? it's 2 in the morning now, i don't want to keep you up..." i mumbled, putting my hoodie back on and pulling my sleeves down, out of nervousness again.
"i am, but i would like to talk to you a little more." clover replied.
"i mean, i don't mind at all! i just thought you were going to sleep."

"yeah, i will in a bit but i have something important i would like to tell you."
"what is it?" i ask, sitting up on my knees and my hands on my thighs. clover sits up as well, but grabs my hands slowly locking them together as he speaks.
"lico, you have made me feel something i cannot be able to put into words, but it is something that felt wonderful. I think, no. I am in love with you. in fact, i am deeply in love with you."
i stare at his ocean blue eyes, feeling my face get hot. my cheeks stain with a light pink shade, as my face softens into a sheepish smile.

"i am in love with you as well, clover." i pause mid sentence to put my hand over his cheek. "you make me feel the same way mon amour.."
he smiles and leans towards me. our lips touch for a moment, then we share a passionate kiss. it lasted for what felt like forever, and it seemed like the world has stopped. it was just the two of us, in this room, together. i pause to take a breath, and my face paints with a big smile. he puts a hand on my cheek, and i overlap my hand on his.

"i don't want to leave, i want to stay here with you. just the two of us, together." i say.
"then you don't have to, you can stay here if you want." clover replies, moving my hair out of my face. i nod my head and lay back down, clover does as well. i inch closer and dig my head in his chest. he wraps his arms around me and runs his hands through my hair. my eyes slowly start to close, and i slowly drift off to sleep with mon nouvel amant (A/N: which means "my new lover" in french.) in my arms.