first sight; you kiss me.

original work : https://archiveofourown.org/works/35927650

🎄

"A.. christmas party?" Chanhee repeats what Changmin had said earlier. Is he hearing correctly?

Nevermind Christmas, but a party?

"Yes! Juyo is holding one tomorrow at his house." Changmin's fingers fiddle with the strings of his hoodie, leaning further into the backrest of their sofa. "We're invited because, well, we're his friends so I hope you'll come along as well." His eyes shine excitedly. It makes Chanhee gulp.

"Aren't they a bit.. too kid-ish for us?"

"No!" a shout comes immediately as a response. Changmin puts a pout in his lips. "Never!"

"Christmas is not, but a party just for one is," Chanhee points out. His eyes avert from the pleading look at Changmin has on his face.

Christmas is always something that is celebrated, considering that it's usually a day-off to spend time with family or friends.

But a party..? Aren't only seven year olds the only ones who host Christmas parties?

Not just that but also to consider in the fact that Chanhee isn't quite particularly fond with parties. He likes his peace and quiet; and if he does want to get loud, he'll only dial up some people to swing by and drink with him.

If set animals have their set go-to habitats like how otters like to live in the tropical climate, Chanhee's would be somewhere quiet where he finds the most comfort in. Put that animal somewhere else? Animal dies of stress!

Chanhee will die of parties. Fullstop.

"You have a misconception for Christmas parties." Though, Changmin doesn't quite get the gist that Chanhee isn't fond of the idea of parties overall. Perhaps it even flies over his head.

He jumps up from his seat and the sudden action startles Chanhee: a small flinch on his spot and his heartbeat fastening out of surprise ever so slightly.

Now standing up, Changmin's figure towers over him and casts a large shadow. It's not like Changmin is rather tall compared to the Korean standards, but rather their sofa is only a mere centimetres above floor height and Chanhee has to angle his head upwards to even look at the other straight in the eye.

"Ah.. do I?" Chanhee asks, leaning away into the back of the sofa.

"Yes! They're not for kids and even if they are, we aren't that old." Changmin's sweater paws appear when he shakes his body (in the signature Changmin adorable way, no less) to try prove his point.

Aren't that old.. right.

Chanhee isn't quite sure about that.

But at the same time, another thing that isn't quite sure of is how to tell Changmin he isn't even that interested in the first place.

And he does think that the second is more important than the first

"We're twenty-one." He opts to only following the flow of the conversation.

Changmin slaps it down. "A fourth of our life!"

"Well.." Chanhee trails off. "You know what? It doesn't matter now," he submits to defeat and Changmin whines, crouching down. His knees tucks into his chest, arms wrapping around his legs.

Just when Chanhee is about to say 'actually, I'm not that big into parties', Changmin cuts him off perfectly.

"So will you come?" A set of big eyes get directed to Chanhee. They're like a puppy's when it goes up to its owner for headpats. Stars that inhabit the simple coloured pupils of eyes; a look of begging that comes along.